Dr. Melissa Mclane DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 24th, 2016
The best....
Dr. McClane is the best... She gets to know you and your problems, and does everything to make you well again... She never rushes your appointment, and talks to you like you are a friend.... I would recommend Dr. McClane to everyone.....

June 4th, 2016
Dr. McLane cannot be trusted.
Dr. Melissa McLane is extremely disappointing. Dr. McLane at first seemed genuinely interested in helping me. She sent me to many of her friends in the profession, and I attended appointments with these practitioners faithfully (e.g., physical therapists and chiropractors) for months. She required that she alone oversee my care. I only worsened during the period under her care. In the end, she said she didn't know how to help me; therefore, I believe it was completely inappropriate for her to insist that she alone oversee my medical care. After spending a lot of money seeing her chiropractor friend for months who did no good at all, I felt that she was more interested in helping her friend get clients than in helping me. Her records were a shock: my medical records revealed that while she said kind things to my face, she said scathing things about me in my medical records. In short, Melissa McLane cannot be trusted. I don't know if her duplicitous approach results from being a woman in a male-dominated field, from being an assistant professor (i.e., not yet tenured), or from being a bit damaged as a person.

November 24th, 2015
Melissa and Dr. Hogan have taken great care of my son, Josh. I would be hard to imagine getting better care, anywhere. GO BEARCATS!!

March 24th, 2015
Best doctor I ever had very caring and considerate. I would agree with every review I read except one

February 9th, 2015
Best Doctor I ever had. Covers all aspects of what is going on and what all the options are. Has a great personality too.

June 7th, 2012
Exceptional and very caring; knowledgable and demosnstrates diagnostic expertise.

November 4th, 2011
I can only ditto what everyone else has said (except the reviewer who said she is too full of herself...that comment couldn't be farther from the truth based on my own experience.) Professional, caring, friendly, efficient, competent....everything you could hope for from your doctor. I love her broader expertise as a DO for my sports related injuries. An outstanding doctor and person.

April 7th, 2011
Dr. McLane is outstanding. I highly recommend her. She is friendly and knowledgable. She listens and explains well. She made me feel like she really cared about me even after my treatment finished.

April 17th, 2010
Overall Excellent Doctor
With 5 athletic children, we unfortunately have many sports related injuries in our family. Dr. McLane is an excellent doctor with a warm and genuine bedside manner. She is very thorough in her examination. Her examininations are not just cursory but rather indepth enough so she can be satisfied that she has understood your problem. She relates well to patients and is a good listener. She communicates effectively her diagnosis and her suggested plan for recovery. Because she is the team doctor for a university and also an ER doctor, she offers a multifaceted approach to treatment. I have several colleagues who have also gone to her for treatment and all of them have complimented her medical service. She is particularly skilled in dealing with atheletes, children, and the elderly. We recomend her without reservation.

October 29th, 2009
Have been twice for footbal injuries for my son
Dr McClane is very thorough and considerate. My son has had a shoulder and ankle injuries, over the course of 2 years, both from football. We saw fellows at the first of each visit each time, but she came in and was very comprehensive with good advice for diagnosis, follow-up and next steps.

August 28th, 2009
Best Doctor ever been to
She is by far the most caring doctor I have ever been to and sincerely cared. She is FANTASTIC!!!!!

May 3rd, 2009
Too full of herself. If i didn't do exactly as asked she got mad. Very immature.