Dr. Melissa Primrose MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Newnan, GA

3.9

February 5th, 2013
Disappointing.
I had trouble with Dr. Ring-field hardly at all when I first started seeing her. When she was at her office on Hospital road, then one day as I made a emergency visit to her I was ignored and left waiting in the office while everyone else was seen (thanks to her "wonderful" staff) so when she moved to the PAPP clinic I thought things would get better. It would seem she just would smile and nodd at me, not taking into account what I was really going through. When she finally wanted to refer me to a specialist, saying her nurse would contact me to make an app, I never had that call ( I was a minor at the time, I couldn't make the app myself and neither my grandfather). I called back, getting no one. Recently, I was in the ER for the SAME thing I've been complaining about and the DR there referred me to a specialist, (now that Im 18 I can make the app for myself) he told me to get a hold of Dr. Ring-field for a fallow up to let her know what happened. As I called one number on my insurance card, it wasn't hers they referred me..then I got referred again...by the time I finally got her actual office number...No one was available to talk to me. It was a Tuesday, non holiday, at 10: 30 am. I am officially changing Doctors and I am deeply disappointed in her lack of communication. Her office wasn't there when I needed her...and it's just as well, as she hasn't listened to me or spent any time with me in any of our visits.

August 1st, 2012
Very professional
I've been to see her several times .I found Dr. Ringfield to be very professional and courteous.I won't see anybody else.Very professional. Staff was courteous

April 28th, 2012
thoroughly pleased
I found Dr. Ringfield to be very professional and courteous. She is very soft-spoken and sweet. My sister referred me to her and I was very pleased. Her staff was very nice also.

April 3rd, 2012
HORRIBLE DR!!!
I should have been more questionable as to why getting an appointments and her wait time was so fast and easy to schedule. She is rude, has very poor bedside manner. I chose her because she worked with both children and adults,was nearby and accepted my insurance. She is terrible working with children and adults! When we would go, my son is usually very sick and pretty complaint, lucky for that, as she could barely look him in the eye and give him that extra attention a child needs because they are scared! I would always take him to the Health Department that worked with children for his check-ups and shots. They always spent plenty of time, give him attention and were very thorough with him but could not write scripts or I choose to only go there! On our insurance cards I listed her as our primary caregiver so it required us to go to only her office until it was changed, which I should have done much sooner! When I was forced to go because I never did change my insurance (until recently!), I would always request the PA instead of her. DR. Primrose-Ringfield is decent at diagnosing some issues, however; she has been wrong, VERY WRONG, several times, causing ER visits as well as going to a Health Clinic DR. who is located over an hour away who I used for myself, but they closed down without much warning. I was forced to return to her and as usual treated poorly. As for the time she spent with me, 3/4ths or more were used putting in my information into her computer, assessing me as quickly as possible, barely answering questions, she seemed like she couldn't wait to get out of the room. It's as if she can't wait to get me out of her office, she has poor eye contact, terrible bedside manner; overall, just plain rude, interpersonal, and unprofessional! Not to mention it seems whenever there was an issue she ALWAYS had difficulty getting back with the pharmacy taking several days to get needed medication! I was having horrible headaches and instead of figuring out what was causing them, she just wrote me prescriptions! With my own trial and error, I came to a conclusion, as did my other DR., that the meds were the cause of my headaches!!! I'd rather pay out of pocket, have to wait hours to be seen or even days for an appointment after my awful experience with her!!! Please don't reply to "justify" her actions, from looking at this board, I am not the only one with issues and am positive I am not the only one who has had issues, the probably were unaware of this board. I haven't been their in a long time and don't plan on ever returning or recommending her! I just randomly came across this board after a search!

January 3rd, 2012
Love this docor..I've been a patient of hers for 3yrs. I've sent my entire family to see her. I won't see anybody else.
Doctor's Response

Your review is greatly appreciated.

March 8th, 2011
Simply rude and unhelpful
She never spends enough time with me after I wait over an hour. Ignores my questions and never gets back to me when I'm told I'll be contacted. After being sent to the hospital for a condition and my results were sent to her for evaluation, I never got contacted. I wanted over and hour for an appointment and was never taken. The staff is a bit rude. This doctor certainly needs to take some time to understand and have some concern for her patients.
Doctor's Response

Hello Anonymous, I apologize for your experience. It is not a regular occurrence for my patients to wait over an hour for an appt. The usual wait time is 10-20 minutes. Therefore, if your wait time was longer, there must have been an emergency with another patient. I'm sure that if there was an emergency with you that you would prefer I take as much time as needed instead of rushing through your visit. I am concerned about every one of my patients and have never turned away anyone that had a scheduled appointment. Again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you have found a physician to care for your needs.

February 4th, 2011
Very professional. Staff was courteous. She is overall a very good doctor.
Doctor's Response

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.

December 6th, 2010
The Terrible Dr Melissa Primrose-Ringfield MD
My fiance' is a patient with Dr. Melissa Primrose-Ringfield MD. We have never had really good results with her but we haven't been able to find a different doctor yet. After what happened this time we will never go to Dr. Melissa Primrose-Ringfield MD ever again. My fiance' developed a terrible migraine after office hours. Her migraine was so bad that she began puking. We called the after hours answering service for Dr. Melissa Primrose-Ringfield MD she finally called us back after we called 4 times and several hours later. When I finally talked to her she was rude as she could possibly be to me. I explained to her that our only option was the emergency room or her. I said we don't want to spend all night in the emergency room with our 2 year old son as he could catch the Flu or some other virus. She told me that it wasn't her problem and I was not her patient anyways and that she didn't have to talk to me. She then hung up the phone! As far as I can remember doctors are supposed to have a good personality and try to help people. If you go to this doctor expect to be treated like garbage!
Doctor's Response

Jayson, While we all have freedom of speech, it is important that we provide accurate information, especially when it concerns someone else's reputation. While I can not discuss the details of your fiance's case, your review is quite biased and inflammatory. I do hope that you and your fiance have found a physician that can care for your needs. I wish you well.

March 11th, 2010
I don't think she'd recognize me in a lineup.
I've been to see her several times and all times she's barely looked at me, barely spoken, and barely addressed my concerns. If I complain of pain she'll throw a RX for mild pain relievers at me but doesn't seem concerned about finding out the source of the problem. She's never done or offered to do a physical exam. I really feel like I'm just a number and because I'm not wealthy that I'm not worthy of her care. She doesn't make me feel as if my health is of any importance to her whatsoever. Get in. Medicate. Get out. That's what a visit with her is like. I had to demand a referral to a specialist to go see someone else just to get something simple taken care of. I'm very much on top of my health but since getting locked into her care I've begun putting off going to see her when I have a health concern because I know she's going to make me feel stupid, inferior, and unimportant. What's the use?
Doctor's Response

Dear Wishing for a change, I do apologize for how you feel. Please know, however, that I do not know how much money any of my patients make. That is not my concern and it does not govern how they are treated. No one can make you feel inferior unless you allow them to do it. I learned this long ago. I hope you believe that as well and I hope you have found a doctor that can care for your needs. I wish you well.

November 30th, 2009
Rude Nurse
Nurse has problem with calling in prescriptions