Dr. Melissa Reed MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Raleigh, NC

May 17th, 2017
Mouth and Bedside Manner the WORST
Dr. Reed, I agree doesn't make you wait to be seen but for someone who works in the healthcare field she is the proven reason why people don't go to the doctors. I have seen her for years only for physicals once a year and maybe one to none slim chance of sick appointments. Dr. Reed showed me how she cares for patients when I recently had a very severe issue come about that kept me from walking for almost two weeks. I am not one to take medicines but she saw no concern to order any testing, took no blood work or urine. Came in and suggested muscle relaxers that is it. I couldn't even lift my feet off the floor and had to crawl If not for crutches I had to hold me up. (With no falls or lifting) As a follow up, when I messaged her and called her office on a Sunday evening and a Monday morning nicely explaining my symptoms were not getting better. She thought to tell me that she hopes I get better care somewhere else through an email at 10 pm on a Monday night and had her nurse called me to say just go to the ER since I didn't agree on paying another co pay to see her after my first visit when she did nothing the first time. Best to say I am searching for another primary care doctor.

September 21st, 2016
Personable and Direct
Dr. Reed is very personable, approachable and compassionate. She is focused and direct in her manner and comprehensive in her approach to my overall health. She answers my questions completely and follows up on all of my concerns.

April 1st, 2015
Unprofessional- Forgot to read bloodwork two years in a row!
Dr. Reed did not follow through with reading my blood work.

February 14th, 2012
Best Doctor
Dr. Melissa Reed has always been the sweetest and most caring doctor i have ever had. She really seems to put a lot of time and effort into remembering the little details about her patients and i really respect that. I couldnt ask for a better doctor

January 27th, 2012
Dr. Melissa Reed is a great Doctor. I'm so sad she left Blue Ridge Family Medicine and would love to know where she went to! I would love to continue to see here wherever she has went.

November 8th, 2011
Dr Reed is a very careing Doctor , her bedside manner is very good . she spends as much time as you need . you do not feel uncomfortable with her . she is just great . i will never want to see another Doctor . shes my Doctor.

October 26th, 2011
Good doctor, bad practice
I've been a patient at Blue Ridge Family Medicine for years but have been seeing Dr. Reed exclusively for the past 2 years and think she is wonderful--caring,thorough, funny and smart. The practice itself seems poorly managed, however, and seems to have a lot of staff turnover, including doctors and PAs. Some of my friends who also see her have heard she is leaving soon, and I will follow her wherever she goes. I've met the other doctors at Blue Ridge and none of them comes close to being as great as Dr. Reed.

September 6th, 2011
Best doctor I ever had
Dr. Melissa Reed has been my primary care provider for a couple of years and I only have good thing to say about her. I finally found a doctor that takes the time to listen to me that doesn't rush me out the door for the next patient and seems concerned about my well being. When I leave her office I feeling like I have been heard and that all of my medical needs have been met. She was thorough with my lab results and made great suggestions for improving my overall health. I have recommended her to all my friends she is definitely the best doctor I ever had.

June 9th, 2011
Nice Doctor but slow at diagnosing problems and misses inmportant things.