Dr. Melissa King MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Henrico, VA

3.4

March 24th, 2017
She has a poor bedside manner. Comes in to the exam room looking down at you. Visit was very brief. Rolled her eyes and acted as though it was beneath her to have a conversation. I had a rash. She didn't analyze I. Just gave me an $800 prescription for some cream that didn't work. She was real quick to send me right over to the office's cosmetic laser center for sun spots, though. They lasered one for free. It did no remove it. Left jagged edges instead. Glad I didn't sign agreement for my face. As far as rash l, it's still there, 2 years later. The $800 cream she prescribed didn't work. Thank goodness I had insurance.

March 18th, 2017
I don't recommend Dr. Melissa King
She doesn't give you any time during the appointment. She is in and out within 5 minutes. She gave me a prescription that the pharmacist question about the strength for such a delicate area.

January 7th, 2015
She is very professional and performs an accurate diagnosis with follow up treatment, if needed. She respects her patient and provides them with quality medical care. Highly recommended to anyone seeking a fine dermatologist.

December 23rd, 2014
She is very professional, experienced, thorough and very kind. I recommend her to anyone.

July 3rd, 2014
Doctor Patient Visit
This physician is inconsistent with patients as far as time spent with them and overall communication with them. She may or may not smile when entering the waiting room and may or may not shake hands with you in the normal friendly manner when greeting a patient. Something is amiss here.

March 8th, 2012
Disappointment
Saw her for the 1st time recently (2012). She came in and went out. Not sure she really diagnosed me correctly as she was so quick. I have never had a doctor on the first visit spend so little time with me. I asked questions regarding my concerns and was put off with "at the next visit." Seemed nice for the few seconds she spent with me but very disappointed with bedside manner and the "5" minutes she gave me to address only 1 of my concerns with me as she does not address more than 1 concern at a time. I drove an hour to see her hoping for help and left without resolution or at least feeling I was headed in the right direction.

July 28th, 2011
Somebody wrote in a previous review: Takes a genuine interest in me as a person, not just in my diagnosis". It is so hard to believe... she doesn't care about patients, you are just one of many. she always rushes and doesn't really care about you at all. I have never had any support from her.

September 21st, 2010
Wonderful!
Everyone in my family sees her. She is wonderful and so nice!

August 16th, 2010
Dr. Schwarzschild is a great dermatologist! She is what all doctors should be: smart and compassionate!

May 19th, 2010
She's FANTASTIC! Caring. Takes a genuine interest in me as a person, not just in my diagnosis. She's the only one of my doctors that I actually look forward to seeing!

March 17th, 2010
Awesome doctor! Very warm, friendly and also very smart. Explained everything in great detail so that I could understand both the diagnosis and how to use all prescriptions. I have since referred several colleagues at work. Everyone loves her.

January 26th, 2010
Bedside Manner/Competence
Dr. Schwarzschild's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. She acts like she's doing you a favor to be treating you....borderline rude. She never seems to be thorough when giving you and exam. She rushes through as fast as she can. She's still only my doctor because she's easy to get an appointment with.