Dr. Melissa Warner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 5th, 2013
Misery loves company
While her knowledge of addiction medicine is vast, Dr Warner was extremely off-putting clinically. She was beyond condescending, and even laughed while talking to me about my diagnosis and prognosis. She was disrespectful frequently. She was moody and unpredictable. She was very haughty and unlikable. She seemed also unable to interpret visual cues. Having had a personal history battling addictions, Dr Warner seemed to be on a personally driven mission to make all patients fit her criteria and plan rather than following the DSM. I tried to heed the advice given to me about her by previous patients- say as little as possible to her, agree as much as possible, and don't ask questions. She is not someone I would ever choose in the future. Unfortunately, her words ruin a lot of promising careers, not for the protection of the the patient or society, but what often seems like a tribute to her own ego. If I wasn't forced by the hand of insurance to be at that facility, I would have quickly exited to any other facility focused on professionals.

March 22nd, 2013
Cold, distant, narrow minded, poor listner, poor clinician
My experience with Dr. Warner was negative. She was cold, distant and made the diagnosis and treatment plan without all the facts which lead to an inappropriate treatment plan.

October 23rd, 2011
Poor judgement and insight
Takes a superficial history, and then makes assumptions not based in fact. Her assessment and plan are reflexive and not well thought out.

July 3rd, 2011
Part of an ineffeicient and unethical facility
My son was a dually diagnosed patient at the facility where Dr. Warner is medical director. There was absolutely no effort on the part of the facility to provide continuity of patient care and my son's medical records were not even requested. He was taken off his psych meds and totally destabilized. We almost went bankrupt due to the gross medical negligence of this facility.

July 3rd, 2008
Grateful Former Patient
I found Dr. Warner to be very skilled and insightful. She communicated warmth and compassion and was an important part of my recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol. She is extensively trained in addiction medicine and I consider myself very fortunate to have been under her care during this critical period of my life.