Dr. Melissa Yadao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 5th, 2016
Torn Miniscus. Fixed correctly back to running half and full marathons.

March 8th, 2016
Had (2) Lapro operations one on each knee, the surgery was smooth, and I was in and out of the hospital in no-time. I am able to walk as normal with no-pain. Her office staff is most professional, and friendly making follow up visits a breeze. Bravo Zulu.

October 9th, 2015
Very commercial . This doctor is all about taking money from insurance and patients. I ended up with a big fat bill on top of my insurance payments. It was a rip off.

October 1st, 2015
I made my appointment because I have knee problems and really bad pain, and their office is just down the street from my home. I was set to meet with Dr. Melissa Yadao. My visit with her was just very unpleasant, when I asked her a questioned she rudely asked me to let her talk first and than I could ask my questions. I went because I have knee problem and was told by her that I was hurting every where, there was not much she could do. From my understanding was either I could get a steroid injection or have an MRI done, because as far as the x-rays that were done in her office my knee was just perfectly fine!!!???? Was sent home. Please I urge anyone that sets an appointment with this office and this doctor to please do their homework first and make sure you don't face the same inconvenience I had to face. When leaving the office I was asked to reschedule my appointment I informed receptionist if possible that I may see a different doctor next time, they informed me that it was NOT possible, even if I went to another of their office I would be forced to see Dr. Melissa Yadao, that doctors were very strict in regards to sharing their patients. Not looking forward to coming back to this office at all. Didn't get the help I need and was treated rudely by this lady that thinks that because she has a degree can treat patients any way she feels like it.

March 27th, 2013
Thorough
Dr. Yadao exceeds proficiency. She is thoughtful and efficient, an active listener who provides excellent care. She recommended physical therapy and reviewed results and expectations with me. She explained how different procedures could be a benefit and made sure I had great care when we decided to try epidural procedures at the hospital. She was correct. They did help. She also helped me understand that my condition is genetic, and very kindly explained that it is degenerative and is something that is not going to go away. Taat is really hard news to hear and she was direct yet empathetic which I found helpful. When my conditions became more difficult she recommended another specialist within the GMO practice. She was still trying to help me and felt the other specialist could address additional problems due to her specific training. Yes the waits in the office are long, but I think that is a scheduling issue. It must be addressed corporately, as great physicians need to meet their patients' expectations, answer questions, explain and sometimes re-explain so that the patient may reiterate and absorb complicated information and sometimes deal with shock and disappointment when they learn they won't be cured, but they can feel better and learn ways to manage the physical changes affecting their quality of life. She is empathetic, knowledgable, and has a good sense of humor. She is very caring and sharing.

September 19th, 2012
Most unprofessional doctor ever
Dr. Melissa Yadao is by far the most unprofessional doctor I've had the displeasure of seeing. Injured severely in an accident, waited no less than 35min for each of my 10+ appointments. horrendous bed side manner, rude, uncaring. 10 day wait for her to fill out forms and paperwork. once forms are complete they are sloppy and halfway filled out. never under any circumstances would i recommend her to friends or family. reader beware.

September 19th, 2012
worst bedside manner

August 11th, 2012
I've been going to Dr. Yadao for almost 2 1/2 years. If you need a Orthopedic Surgeon she is the BEST!! She helps you understand your condition/injury and lets you know all the options for treatment. She is caring and always there to answer any questions you have. I would 100% recommend her to anyone!

August 6th, 2012
Choose her if you go to Walker Lane
Believe me - she is THE BEST there. She is very good at troubleshooting a diagnosis. She usually recommends surgery only as a last resort (I know, right?). I had some very weird ITB problems and each test I went for verified the problem and do you know she finally recommended physical therapy and get this - it fixed my major problem in less than three weeks! The physical therapy place is called Back in Motion in Kingtowne, Alexandria, VA. Dr. Yadao is very matter of fact and if she seems rushed, do not take it personally. She always makes sure she concludes your session. Very good doctor!

December 17th, 2010
I read good reviews and recommendations about Dr. Yadao, including her own statements, which perhaps unfortunately set my expectations too high. I still have total trust on her competence; she knows what she's doing. And "J. T." (her assistant) was VERY good. The waiting was bearable for a specialist of her caliber, and she managed to listen what patient had to say. But on that particular late afternoon, with some two dozens patients in the waiting room, her patience was understandably thin.

October 25th, 2010
Dr Yadao is super
Very thankful for talent of dr Yadao It's too bad that front officeCheck in person in Mt Vernon can't even make eye contact withYou when speaking. Eyes never leave computer. It is a bother to herIf you approach desk. Other staff great and personable. Advise to choose dr Yadao. Just see her at different location.

August 8th, 2009