Dr. Melita Williams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 28th, 2016
Very disappointing service
As a new patient, the process for filing my claim was extremely difficult. I am still dealing with the staff to try and resolve outstanding issues 4 months old. I have requested the claim to be re-filed with corrected diagnosis code required by the insurance company for blood work. Because an outside company is used this has been very tedious process and appears to represent a continual incompetence in the team to get this updated and resubmitted. The staff is also not responsive and has been very rude and unwilling to assist when I've called back. As a new patient, I did not even receive a call back or a response on the results of my physical exam. I was looking for a new doctor and willing to drive 15 miles out of my way but unfortunately this experience has been very disappointing.

December 16th, 2015
Have always had a good experience with Dr. Williams and the staff at her offices. Spends quality time with me and answers all my questions and presents options. She has been my primary doctor for 3 years now. Had to refer me to another doctor for some surgery and that doc was excellent also.

January 25th, 2012
Not A Good Choice
* Seems to have limited knowledge of basic medical procedures.* Takes little time with patients which maybe due to patient overload.* Office Staff is very rude and not helpful at all.* Does not appear to have a plan to deal with sick children that need to be seen same day due to acute illnesses * Although not a reflection on Dr Williams personally, the office staff seems to show prejudice toward white patients.

April 14th, 2011
thanks dr. williams for taking such great care of my children.

January 28th, 2011
Dr. Melita Williams, the doctor I prayed was for me.. But was nothing but a disappointment
After waiting 3 hours to be seen on my 1st dr appt with dr. Williams I was very impressed with how sweet & caring she seemed to be but when it came to getting answers, she had none for me.. She did blood work and told me she'd give me a call when the labs came in. After about 4 days & no call I begin calling their office.." Oh yes, we have your labs, but she hasn't gotten a chance to look at them, she will call you.." so I call back every day for a week straight.. FINALLY, after leaving a message I get a call from the dr. I guess leaving a message is better than trying to talk to the staff every day. She tells me she is going to set me up an appt with this other doc.. She will give me a call when she does... Well it's been 18 days NO call!!! It's been 25 days since I've had my 1st appt & still no answers!!! She comes off as such a sweet lady, & I hoped shed be the doctor for me but in all honesty this lady, her staff.. DO NOT CARE. I tell this woman I have suicidal thoughts because of my illness & she makes NO effort what so ever to help me, figure out what's wrong with me.. It is REDICULOUS. If u have a runny nose, the flu... By all means go to dr. Williams but if you sincerely need real medical attention, or have any other illnesses I insist you find a better doctor.

July 1st, 2010
Caring
Dr. Melita is a very caring and concerned doctor. She listens to what you have to say.

October 17th, 2009
Do NOT waste your time or money on this Dr.
This doctor is unprofessional and her staff is very well versed in putting people off. I gather so you will give up just go away. She gets her staff and/or(Manager same last name) to call you back in 2to3 days. But no one is able to resolve a simple issue. In trying to get a walmart prescription (no insurance)I was put off for week and half trying to get this done for a basic prescription price at walmart. The pharmacy personnel even said there are several choices. She just doesn't take the time and doesn't really care after you leave the office. Yes it could be a lack of knowledge as well. (check out her info on www.lsbme.louisiana.gov)Her word was to call back if there were any problem with this prescript. I never received a resolution in a week and a half just a prescript that I couldn't afford. I was told that she doesnt have time to look at the walmart price sheet even if you request it. Please don't waste any money 140.00 first and last visit on this doctor. She is in NOT professional. I know this is not the way to treat YOUR PATIENTS (CLIENTS)

September 10th, 2009
Overall Dr. Melita Williams is kind and has a great bedside manner. However, I would say that she needs to get on board with everyone else as far as making sure kids are up to date on their shots and making sure she follows up with her patients.