Dr. Melody Denson MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Austin, TX

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017
Terrible Doctor who outright LIES to you.
I previously had s urethral sling inserted by my Gyno when I had a hysterectomy & bladder reconstruction. My I had two Durashere injections to my Sphinxter during the following 18mths. My Dr retired. Five years after my surgery I went to see Dr Denison about another Durasphere procedure. Dr Denison told me I needed another urethral sling - that urethral slings has unprivec & she had great success with the one she recommended - had performed numerous surgery inserting this specific sling. I schedule surgery & was having this procedure via s spinal an aesthetic. I picked up the reports of all my testing the day before & noticed the issue of a very large cyst on my Kidney rated & F2. Dr Denison didn't know I had the reports & the day of the surgery told me there was nothing on any of my reports. I was taken to the operating room & when Dr Denison walked in the room you could tell she was utterly surprised that I was fully awake & hadn't also been given some twilight medication. With Dr Denison was a Drug Company Representative (in her regular street clothes, no surgical mask, etc.,). The Drug Rep was there to assist Dr Denison in inserting a brand new type of Urethral Sling - one Dr Denison had never used before. She LIED to me when she previously told me she was inserting a Urethral Sling that she had inserted many times previously & had good results. Well the surgery went bad & I could not utinste & was in extreme pain for three weeks. I sat on the toilet most of the time because of the tremendous urged I felt to urinate but I was unable to. I was told to self Catherine myself - are they bloody kidding me. I was a Consukrabt for a high tech large company & my time was billable - I lost my job as I was unable to work. Three weeks later I required a second surgery to loose the urethral sling Dr Denison had inserted.I couldn't believe it when they kept sending me bills for my portion of the second surgery that was required because of her error. Dr Denison comes across as the kindest sweetest person but don't be fooled by it. When I asked her about the large cyst on my kidney she told me that I would have to see another Urologist in the practice, that they could not just remove the cyst, & that I would need my kidney removed. Stated that the cyst was an F2 which meant it could become cancerous. I went to another Urologist (outside the practice) & discovered what she told me about the F2 cyst was incorrect. I didn't need my Kidney removed & the cyst was rated an F2 was because of the size of the cyst DON'T go to this Doctor.

July 22nd, 2016
Her Surgery Changed My Life for the Better
I suffered from terrible stress incontinence which was controlling my life. After her very successfu, very easy sling surgery, I now control my life. Crossing my legs when I sneeze is a thing of the past. Hoping no one notices that I've peed my pants is also in the past. I adore this woman and the control she has given back to me. I highly recommend her. She also has a tremendous bedside manner.

August 16th, 2015
With a rocky medical history, I have seen many physicians in various disciplines. Dr. Denson is at the top in every way. She is an astute diagnostician, articulate in explaining things to patients. She's has a calm, kind bedside manner. Discussing urogynecological issues is not the easiest subject for conversation, but her demeanor is kind and caring and makes talking with her much easier. Professionally, she gave comprehensive options for the established diagnosis. I have never been to a doctor so courteous and eager to bring relief and longterm solution to the existing medical complaint. She is respected by her staff and having a hospital administration background, I'm aware that is the "litmus test" for scoring a physician's care.

August 10th, 2015
Dr. Denson is a very congenial person, and knows how to make patients feel at ease. Very professional and knowledgable in her field.

December 25th, 2014
Urologist review
Referred to Dr Denson by my gynecologist. Wait time was under 15 mins. I was diagnosed with a cystocele. Dr Denson performed surgery to repair my cystocele. She is a warm hearted understanding physician who I would highly recommend to anyone seeking a urologist.

June 19th, 2014
Left me hanging
When I first went to see Dr Denson I was having an incontinent problem, I was told that I needed surgery, a sling put on. After stating this was 90% effective I decided to do it. After the surgery everything was fine for a few months, then it came back with a vengeance. Not only was I having the same problem but I was urinating every 15 mins. I went back and told her and she treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about. So she immediately Hands me pills telling me I have an over active bladder and take these. I never had an over active bladder before the surgery and instead of investigating she just hands me pills. So I take the pills and they were terrible. I had to take them at night because they made me tired and I could not work falling asleep. I also asked her to change my hormones and she told me you will have to get another Dr to give you a script for that, when I asked why she stated (not to smart to admit) we only write scripts for certain manufacturers. Wow I wonder how many vacations she gets a yr for that. Finally she tells me I need to have an injection to solve the problem. I said ok lets do this as I want my life to be normal again. She said I will have my nurse call you in a few days. I never got that call and after 2 weeks I called and asked about the procedure and the scheduler said there was nothing on the books. She puts me on hold comes back and said we can do this but it has to go through ins it will take 5 weeks. Nothing takes 5 weeks with my ins. So I wait 5 weeks and get no call. Then on the 16 I call to reschedule my appt and find out why I haven't recieved a call about the surgery and my appt was not on the books. I said I'm holding the card with the date on it. She said sorry. At that point I went through all of the runaround I had gotten and said I think I will find another Dr and she said ok and hung up. I have told other Drs and friends of mine and they can't believe it. Now I have to deal with a surgery gone bad and am left high and dry. And to the other people raving about her. I would like to say that I don't smoke crack nor am I crazy. All I can say is give it time. Fake will always rear it's ugly head

July 11th, 2013
wonderful and great bedside manners
I have been very ill with IC for years. Seen many doctors who never offered any concern or followup care. With the IC being as bad as it is, I also have had a RLQ pain THAT NO ONE COULD TELL ME THE RESON FOR THIS PAIN!!!! UNTIL TODAY. I meet with doctor Denson today, and after my history and examine she knew what was the problem and options for care. I felt cared and understood, not feeling as if I was making up this condition and horrible pain. she listened. checked me and gave feedback without the looks and poor treatment I have been given by other doctors. Thank you Dr. Denson and God bless you always.

August 30th, 2012
Great experience with Dr. Denson!
Jus saw her today - seemed very knowledgeable and compassionate. She took the time to explain everything to me. Would definitely recommend her!

May 27th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Denson is a very caring MD. She took the time to answer all my questions. I wish she could be my primary care doctor! She deserves four stars!

November 14th, 2010
Dedicated caring doc
I never met a more dedicated doctor. She stayed with me after surgery and did not leave until things started working the way they were suppose to. I would recommend her to anyone finding themselves needing a urologist. She is in high demand and often you will have to wait, she is worth the wait.

June 28th, 2010
Great
She listens and seems to care. I always feel she has my best interest in mind. She does not make me like my health problems are shameful or that I am weak for having issues.

March 6th, 2010
The BEST Doctor!!!
A few minutes ago, a friend called to ask me who did my surgery a couple of years ago. I sang the praises of Dr. Denson. After I hung up, I thought about how Dr. Denson gave me back my life. I will never forget her and what a wonderful person and doctor she is. I would give her way more than four stars.