Some ratings provided by DrScore.
I never show details I never
Apr 28th, 2015

Very knowlegable. Too text book as a new patient. Long wait. Insensitive staff

Great show details Great
Feb 12th, 2015

I came to Dr. Ashford for the Sotopelle Hormone Treatments. The staff and Dr. Ashford are wonderful about answering any questions, explaining the procedure and post procedure care. The hormones are a very balanced way to go through menopause. I only have good things to say about the hormone treatment.

Amazing show details Amazing
Jan 26th, 2015

Dr. Ashford and his nurses are amazing! If I had any concerns or questions they were more than wiling to help. I have be dealing with endometriosis for over 20 years. Dr. Ashford was able to do surgery and also determine that I also have IC . He was able to set up therapy and help me manage my pain.

Very Good show details Very Good
Jan 21st, 2015

Dr. Melvin Ashford is the best OB doctor I had. He did a very great job helping me regarding my pregnancy and I appreciate what he done for me. All the staff are wonderful and always willing to help me.

Dec 4th, 2014

Dear Dr Ashford and team: I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your amazing care during my pregnancy and birth of my 2nd daughter. Yesterday, Lila was 4 months old. She is healthy, beautiful and thriving. I have you and your team to thank for it all. I had a rough pregnancy filled with nausea and discomfort and pain and you were there every step of the way to help and offer smiles, help and support. I was terrified to have a repeat c section after not such a great experience the first time around. And once again you blew me away with an easy procedure, and the easiest healing process I could have ever imagined. Today, my scar is barely visible. Dr. Ashford, you were always available day or night to return my calls and answer my questions. I felt as though I was truly cared about on a personal level and not "just another patient", so to speak. In your field, I'm concerned you may only hear feedback when it's negative. So, I feel it's important for you to hear positive feedback as well. You are the most amazing Dr I've ever had. It's clear you love your job and work hard for every single patient. A million thanks will never be enough for all you've done for me and my family!

Good show details Good
Nov 21st, 2014

I enjoy coming to Minnesota Woman's Care because I feel like I am getting the best treatment possible and the staff makes me very comfortable. I never knew what Pelvic Floor Dysfunction was until I was seen by Dr. Ashford. He diagnosed me with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction while I was receiving prenatal care at Minnesota Woman's Care. Dr. Ashford figured out what was wrong with me and why I was in so much pain when no one else could. He was with me through my whole pregnancy and even after. I feel like I am very well taken care of and I would highly recommend Dr. Ashford to any woman.

Great show details Great
Oct 29th, 2014

I had a great experience dr. Ashford did a great job in finding out what my problem was and fixing it. I cant say how much it feels to be pain free.

Very Nice show details Very Nice
Oct 22nd, 2014

I love the clinic. its very nice and well organized, I had a very high risk pregnancy with high blood pressure and MN health care took care of me so I can delievery a healthy baby girl.i was seen weekly at the clinic and they worked well with me so I can stay healthy. I appreciate the support the team gave me, I ended up delivering early, but she was 90% healthy was hospitalized for a month, but she's a healthy babygirl now with no medical issues Thanks

Fantastic show details Fantastic
Oct 21st, 2014

The doctors and staff have been so helpful and have really gone the extra mile with their care. The staff has consistently provided superior customer care and the environment is very welcoming. Recently, I had a good friend ask me for a clinic/doctor recommendation, and I did not hesitate to encourage them to come to Minnesota Women's Care here in Maplewood. I have been so pleased with the care here and I think the staff is fabulous! I never actually saw Dr. Ashford, but the other women doctors have been fantastic.

The Best Doctor in the Midwest show details The Best Doctor in the Midwest
Apr 23rd, 2014

Dr.Ashford is one of the most compassionate and helps to keep me educated on my health issues. He has awesome bedside manner and very knowledgeable in the field of women's health, actually total well-being of his patients.

Treats patients better than staff show details Treats patients better than staff
Dec 29th, 2013

While Dr. Ashford is indeed a very competent doctor and I have personally not had any negative patient care-related experiences with him, I was extremely disappointed to witness the way he treated nursing and other medical staff during a delivery. He reprimanded another resident physician as well as a nurse right in the hallway outside of my room. I heard everything and I am sure others likely heard and/or saw and witnessed this as well. Very rude. Extremely disrespectful. And completely classless. To see a doctor disrespect his colleagues who should be part of his team is disappointing. Dr. Ashford, you are far better than that...

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
by Dee on Oct 23rd, 2013

Dr.Ashford is one of best doctors I have ever seen and what makes him stand out is that he has a sense of humor. He is very caring, informative, professional and efficient. He was my doctor and surgeon years ago and I wish I could have continued care with him over the past couple of years, but I had a change in insurance. It was tiresome trying to get the doctors to understand my pelvic pain. I'm glad I found him and in one visit I now feel at ease with the issues I have experiencing; knowing that my concerns will be addressed adequately.

Wonderful Cesarean show details Wonderful Cesarean
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr. Ashford delivered my daughter 3 years ago, and I was SO impressed. I just learned he is no longer with Aspen Medical, and I would like to know he relocated.

Doctor's Response

Thank you! Nothing makes me happier than a happy patient. I've decided to open my own private practice, Minnesota Women's Care. Currently I am overseeing the construction of the office. We will open our doors on Nov 1st 2012. The office will be located at 2603 White Bear Avenue N in Maplewood,MN. Visit the website www.mnwcare.com

I give Dr. Ashford an A show details I give Dr. Ashford an A
by Laura on Jul 22nd, 2010

Dr. Ashford is very easy to talk to. He will listen and respond with understandable terms (Not medical)Unlike most of us who don't understand all that.. :) I highly recommend him. He's an excellent surgeon,(which he performed on me) Dr, always been on time (except 1 time during surgery, he over booked himself which wasn't a big deal) and easy scheduling. Even when he's booked, his assistant Maria is really good at trying to get you in somewhere.. As for me being in a lesbian relationship I don't feel discriminated or pushed to the side, so that a . Not to mention he is very clean cut and adorable!

You made me blush :)

Jul 21st, 2010

Excellent physician with impecable surgical skills. I was so lucky to find him.

Doctor's Response

I'm sending this comment to my mother. Thank you!

Horrible Cesarean Experience show details Horrible Cesarean Experience
Apr 9th, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Ashford for a cesarean birth. I had to have a cesarean due to my baby being breech. I went to St. Joseph's to have the most natural birth experience possible and my cesarean was extremely traumatic. My first view of my baby was on a digital camera. I experienced no communication from Dr. Ashford and felt completely objectified. I would absolutely not recommend this doctor to perform a Cesarean birth.

Doctor's Response

This patient was not originally under my care. I was called from home by a midwife who was taking care of this patient. The midwife noted that the baby's fetal heart rate was extremely low and requested my help. On my arrival the baby was indeed in trouble. I had to perform a "stat" cesarean section to deliver the baby in less than 5 minutes. Luckily I was successful and her baby did well. Unfortunately there was no initial time for chit chat. I'm glad that her baby did well.