A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvin Field:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvin Field is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvin Field, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Field graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Field has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital
- Florida Hospital Orlando
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Field accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Melvin Field practice?
Dr. Melvin Field practices Neurological Surgery near Winter Park, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Tavares, FL.
See Winter Park Surgeons.