A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvin Heyman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvin Heyman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvin Heyman, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn Disease
- Growth Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Liver Transplantation
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Heyman graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Heyman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heyman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Melvin B. Heyman practice?
Dr. Melvin Heyman practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Pleasanton, CA and Modesto, CA.
See San Francisco Pediatricians, San Francisco Pediatric Specialists, and San Francisco Gastroenterologists.