Dr. Melvin Morgan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 5th, 2013
Always dreaded going to him. Will not look you in the eye and uses a little book to look things up. Hard to figure out but I'm so glad he is not my doctor anymore. Not a good listener and rushes you in and out as if he is being times. Might be good for some people who have clear cut diagnosis. I see he is smiling in his photo here. I don't think I ever saw him smile while I was going to him.

March 6th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Morgan for about 10 years. He is a very smart and good doctor. He is always good and fast at pinpointing the cause of heath problems I have had. I have Diabetes and he always gets on me if I am not taking my medication like I should, (but he is nice about it). Somehow he can always tell if I have not been taking my insulin. His nurse has even called me if I miss my appointment and stresses how important it is that I keep my appointments. So I can tell they care about me. But I messed up my knee one time when i fell. I asked him for pain medication and he just started talking about something else and did not give me a perscribtion. His nurse made me an appointment with an orthopedic doctor, but the apointment was set for 3 weeks out. She also sent me to have an MRI done that same day which showed that my knee was badly damaged. I was in so much pain I could not stand it. I called the office and asked for somthing for pain,after he got the results from the MRI he gave me some medication that did not help. I called back and told them that the medication he gave me was not helping but he still would not give me anything else even though he knew how messed up my knee was. I really got the feeling from the staff and his nurse that they just did not want to perscribe pain medication. I know there is a problem with people trying to get narcotics from doctors but the MRI proved that I was not lieing about how much pain I was in. I could barley walk, but he would rather let me suffer than move outside of his comfort zone. The same thing happened to my husband when he hurt his back. Dr. Morgan sent him to several other doctors and told my husband that those doctors would give him pain medication. It ended up taking two months, waiting to see the first doctor, doing an MRI, before he was given anything for pain. Dr. Morgan will not even give him a perscription to hold him over untill he saw the other doctor even though the MRI showed 3 bulging disc. You better hope you never get hurt because you are going to suffer for a while if you are Dr. Morgans patient. I could understand him wanting to wait untill he gets the results back from the MRI to make shore you are not lieing about being in pain, but I dont understand why he made us suffer after he got the MRI back. My husband goes to a pain clinic now. Good doctor in other ways but really insensitive and unfeeling about patients in pain.

November 8th, 2012
Excellent provider in all respects
Dr. Morgan has never failed to work me in the schedule when I was ill. Kudos to him and his staff! He also does a thorough physical exam. I could not be more pleased with the care I receive from him. Thank you Dr Morgan!

July 1st, 2012
awesome doctor
I felt Dr. Morgan and his staff were great. I only felt one staff member was kind of off-target, but all were fine. No doctor is going to be perfect as medicine is a STRESSFUL field, however sometimes it takes multiple visits to get the results you want with any doctor. He was fine and I think I would strongly recommend him.

June 25th, 2012
overall good experience
switched drs due to concerns with prior dr. dr morgan is very thorough and knowledgeable. while not one to engage in light conversation he is very professionally and always has listened and taken time to address my medical concerns

January 26th, 2012
Spends no time with patients. Nurse seems to know more than he does. Maybe ok dr. for a cold but in my opinion, nothing else.

September 16th, 2011
Find another Dr.
His wife-nurse is the real doctor there. Neither one seem to care about the patients. He doesn't even look at you. They act as if they are doing you a favor by coming there. Please search else where for a more caring doctor.

April 25th, 2011
Does not take time to listen to patients. Takes forever to call in meds. His nurse makes all the decisions. Acts like you are a nuisance instead of a patient. A lawsuit waiting to happen

August 3rd, 2010
acts like he could care less about his patients. doesn't want to hear about your problems. staff runs the place instead of him. would not recommend at all.