Dr. Melvin Pohl MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2017
I have been sober for more than 30 years
I was in my early 20's, an alcoholic with three children. I worked at an inpatient alcohol treatment center in Las Vegas that has been gone for years. Dr. Pohl was the doctor for this facility. He made a difference for me. Of course I was ready to stop drinking as my life was out of control. He listened and I trusted him. I watched him with the patients He cared for. As an employee I saw him front and center. When my co-workers did a very unexpected intervention for me, I saw him in a different light. I checked in and walked out a different person. I don't expect he would remember me, but I will never forget him. My interaction with him was in the early 1980's, I just got online to see if he was still in Vegas and still practicing medicine. I am glad to see he is and have no doubt he is great at what he does. After all these years I can say, for me, he made a difference.

November 14th, 2016
really one of the best

October 20th, 2016
Experience with Dr. Pohl & LVRC
The help I received from Dr. Pohl was invaluable. The different modalities were beneficial. Great Kinesiology, Chiropractic, acupuncture, Reiki, Spiritualistic, & Yoga to name a few. I would like for the various people who performed tasks such as guided meditations & teaching Qi gong to be a little more instructive instead of going through the motions or reading from a sheet of paper; However, most of the other doctors & nurses were great. I loved Dr. Hunter's visits. The food and the cleanliness of his facility was above par. However, I am currently having a very very difficult time with your billing & handling of my insurance. We can not get through to you the fact that in order to be reimbursed we must have a valid statement showing the total cost of care & how much we paid out-of-pocket. It is very simple really. All reputable hospitals and/or Dr. offices send an itemized statement with the amount due and amount paid for services rendered. I do not understand why you can not do the same. My insurance company does not understand either since it has requested repeatedly for more info which you have delayed sometimes to the point of denial of the claim. Please fix this system. Also please be sure that memos sent about patients is the CORRECT information. I was over medicated 2 days after my real blood mother/best friend died while I was in treatment. The John, P.A. was unaware of my situation and his memo said I had trouble w/ my mother-in-law??? He only told me & I didn't see his copy. Timeliness & correctness of a situation is of the essence in many situations. I'm probably one of the few patients that came out of rehab taking more meds than when I went in.

September 12th, 2016
Satisfied patient!
Dr. Pohl was my doctor at LVRC in 2004. I was detoxed from opiates under his care. He is smart, kind and has great concern for his patients. He remains available to past clients and has helped me tremendously throughout these years when I need advice on medication.

June 15th, 2016
Dr. Pohl and Las Vegas Recovery Center
had a really tough detox ahead of me. He and his team and Las Vegas Recovery did a great job getting me thru it

June 3rd, 2017