A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvin Roat:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvin Roat is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvin Roat, MD, FACS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Corneal Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Roat graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Roat has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Roat accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 15 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 7 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Unicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Melvin I. Roat practice?
Dr. Melvin Roat practices Ophthalmology near Wynnewood, PA.
See Wynnewood Ophthalmologists.