Extraordinary knowledge show details Extraordinary knowledge
by D. Giovannucci on May 12th, 2016

Extraordinary knowledge of the field - always puts patient first and I utterly trust him

by Jude D. on Mar 3rd, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Roat to anyone, no matter what level of eye care they need. He has been my ophthamologist for 5 years now and I am always glad I am in his care. Dr. Roat approaches patients as if it were his first day on the job: full of interest, concern and advocacy. When you are with him you are his sole focus. He listens to your questions and answers them all with respect and expertise. He wants to know the whole story of why you are seeing him. Your overall health background and your specific vision needs are equally important to him because he wants to make an informed diagnosis and recommendation for how to proceed with treatment. You come away with the sense that Dr. Roat excels in ophthamology and that he is an excellent communicator who loves his work. Every visit is a positive learning experience. I envy any medical student who would have Dr. Roat as their professor. Any medical school would be fortunate to have him on their faculty. By the way, he has an expert, courteous and friendly support staff. Top grades all the way.

Oct 5th, 2015

Terrific guy and doctor.

A rare find. show details A rare find.
by Cathy K on Sep 3rd, 2015

In the time of big hospitals it is not often you can find a doctor who can give both meticulous and comprehensive attention to your care in a timely fashion. Dr Rout has somehow maintains the ability to both treat and educate his patient and he does so with both with dignity and caring.

12 years of help show details 12 years of help
by Penny M on Nov 4th, 2014

I have been a patient for 12 years receiving treatment for an ongoing issue that has included a number of emergency visits. Dr Roat has been available weekends holidays and evenings for either a visit or a detailed phone assessment. Dr Roat has a calm way that even when treatment is complicated creates a feeling of well being. All phone messages are answered promptly by his very pleasant staff.

Superb opthamologist show details Superb opthamologist
by Andrew W. on Aug 8th, 2014

Caring staff, clean office environment, doctor is incredibly knowledgeable and takes the time to (1) get to know you and (2) explain the purpose of every procedure. Really a terrific doctor -- can't say enough positives about him.

patient for 10 years show details patient for 10 years
Nov 27th, 2012

Due to an ever evolving/complicated issue visits have been on average every 4-8 weeks for the last 10 years. Any time I have required phone contact or a visit including evening and weekend Dr. Roat has been prompt in response. Dr. Roat and his staff are detail oriented and this has provided a feeling of confidence and safety.

Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Roat saved my vision in my right eye. I had a horrifically bad and fast growing eye infection. Dr. Roat quickly diagnosed the infection and set me on my path to heal it. He explained every step with compassion and professionalism. I can't say enough great things about him. Thank you Dr. Roat!

Apr 21st, 2012

He is exceptional with respect to answering questions and following up and facilitating interactions with other physicians in complex situations.

Very thorough eye exam! show details Very thorough eye exam!
Mar 15th, 2011

The most thorough eye exam I have ever had. Dr. Roat, a cornea specialist, diagnosed a problem with my retina and referred me to a retina specialist. The retina doctor was very impressed that Dr. Roat had accurately diagnosed the problem. He is very caring and explained everything to me. I will continue to see Dr. Roat for my routine exams.

Great Cornea Specialist show details Great Cornea Specialist
by Wendy Wirsch on Aug 31st, 2009

Dr. Roat takes time with his patients. He explains everything to you and answers all of your questions. At the end of my visit with him he walked me out to the checkout desk and continued to talk to me aboue my cornea condition. He is very caring and compassionate.