Ophthalmologists
100 E Lancaster Ave
Ste. 456
Wynnewood, PA 19096
(610) 645-5755
Locations and availability (1)

|  Superb opthamologist  |  show details
by Andrew W. on Aug 8th, 2014

Caring staff, clean office environment, doctor is incredibly knowledgeable and takes the time to (1) get to know you and (2) explain the purpose of every procedure. Really a terrific doctor -- can't say enough positives about him.

|  patient for 10 years  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Due to an ever evolving/complicated issue visits have been on average every 4-8 weeks for the last 10 years. Any time I have required phone contact or a visit including evening and weekend Dr. Roat has been prompt in response. Dr. Roat and his staff are detail oriented and this has provided a feeling of confidence and safety.

Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Roat saved my vision in my right eye. I had a horrifically bad and fast growing eye infection. Dr. Roat quickly diagnosed the infection and set me on my path to heal it. He explained every step with compassion and professionalism. I can't say enough great things about him. Thank you Dr. Roat!

Apr 21st, 2012

He is exceptional with respect to answering questions and following up and facilitating interactions with other physicians in complex situations.

Jun 24th, 2011

His office staff was very unprofessional and left me standing at the counter while she conversed with her friend.

|  Staff is uninformed, unhelpful  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

Called to get an appointment months ago, and asked how long gas permeable lenses should be left out. The medical assistant/receptionist didn't know, and said she would call back. Someone called back and said that he didn't handle patients with gas permeables. I said, thanks for letting me know, and please cancel the appointment.The day before the appointment date, the office left a reminder message about the appointment on answering machine. I called in to ask if the policy had changed or had they forgotten to cancel appointment. No one knew. Would get bck to me. Called twice again that afternoon, but no one knew. I cancelled the appointment for the second time after trying several times to get an answer from his staff. One would think those inhis office who deal with new patients would have this piece of basic information.

|  Very thorough eye exam!  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

The most thorough eye exam I have ever had. Dr. Roat, a cornea specialist, diagnosed a problem with my retina and referred me to a retina specialist. The retina doctor was very impressed that Dr. Roat had accurately diagnosed the problem. He is very caring and explained everything to me. I will continue to see Dr. Roat for my routine exams.

|  Great Cornea Specialist  |  show details
by Wendy Wirsch on Aug 31st, 2009

Dr. Roat takes time with his patients. He explains everything to you and answers all of your questions. At the end of my visit with him he walked me out to the checkout desk and continued to talk to me aboue my cornea condition. He is very caring and compassionate.