A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvin Silverstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvin Silverstein is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Silverstein
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Silverstein Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvin Silverstein, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Breast Diseases
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Liver Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Noninfiltrating Intraductal Carcinoma
- Segmental Mastectomy
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Silverstein graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Silverstein has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- USC University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Melvin J Silverstein MD is a male Surgeon, has 47 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Melvin J. Silverstein practice?
- Dr. Melvin Silverstein has 1 office location.
Dr. Melvin Silverstein practices Surgery near Newport Beach, CA.
See Newport Beach Surgeons.