Dr. Melvin Silverstein MD Patient Reviews

• Surgical Oncology Newport Beach, CA

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2016
The greatest team I have ever had concerning my cancer needs
I cant say enough about how I was treated. Dr Silverstein was so comforting and caring. He answered all my questions that I had. His staff Laura was always available to me. She answered all my questions and concerns and I cant believe how caring she was as well. Dr O'Kelly his nurse I have never met a person that cared so much. She was so concerned and wanted to make sure I was ok in the hospital. I wish she were my permanent doctor. I recommend anyone going through surgery needs to go through his team.

August 14th, 2013
Waste of my time and very disapointed by Dr. Silverstein
I was refered to Dr. Silverstein by close friend. I had been diagnosed with brest cancer. Dr. Silverstein would only see me after getting MRI. Mon I had MRI done Wednesday afternoon I went for my first appointment to discuss the results from MRI and was told by receptionist at Hoag Brest Care front desk I needed to find a new Doctor because my appointment to see Dr. Silverstein was at 11:00am and I had it written in my calendar at 1:00pm. I have never in my life been treated so rude by a Doctor especially under these circumstances. I want people to know this kind of treatment is not acceptable and should not happen at Hoag Hoptipal

June 15th, 2013
Knowledgeable Breast Surgeon!
Dr. Silverstein is an outstanding surgeon. He explains all of your options and spends time discussing your treatment plan with you. He is well known for his expertise and is the director of the breast center.

October 6th, 2010
Great Doc! Wonderful Staff
Terrific experience! Can't explain just how wonderful a job they all did. Dr S is the best! They made dealing with cancer very easy and I felt truly cared for. Couldn't have asked for more or better looking results!

October 28th, 2008
Great Doctor with a Big Heart
Dr. Silverstein is the best! He is a patient and compassionate doctor who gives you all the facts and helps you weigh all of your options. He and his staff have a unique ability to make you feel as if youre their only patient.They have made a frightening and difficult time in my life a lot easier.

February 15th, 2017