A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvin Young:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvin Young is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Young
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Young Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvin Young, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Young graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago.
Dr. Young has 13 hospital affiliations:
- St Catherine Of Siena Medical Center
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Melvin Warren Young MD is a male Internist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Melvin W. Young practice?
- Dr. Melvin Young has 1 office location.
Dr. Melvin Young practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Cedarhurst, NY.
See Cedarhurst Internists and Cedarhurst Cardiologists.