Overall Review

July 8th, 2012
Simply the best
Dr. Whitfield is simply the best, what else can be said ? He is caring, understanding, knowledgeable, thorough, right on, cares absolutely about his patients and knows what is wrong and how to fix. I have never met another Dr like him and am proud to call him my Dr. I purchased a home to be closer to him when he was at another Hospital, and have followed him to wherever he goes. Any wait time and obtaining a timely appointment is understood as he is often called to extreme emergencies, and I was one of those awhile back. Thank you Dr. Whitfield, you are on in a million !

November 19th, 2011
Extremely Greatful
Dr. Whitfield freed me from a life of unbareable pain. When i first saw him i was crawling and in a wheel chair. I am now walking without any assistance. I feel he gave me my life back. I went to several other doctors before i found him and they either wanted to give me alot of pills or they said they couldn't help me.Thank god for Dr. Whitfield .I owe him everything.

January 22nd, 2011
Looking to see if dr. whitfield still practices in cleveland clinic
trying to find out if dr. whitfield still practilpces in cleveland clinic. He did a precudure and I have been good till latley. I fear that the nerves started wrapping around something in spinal canal again. Bad back and hip pain, no sleep. I feel he did a wonderful job last time

June 29th, 2010
Outstanding neurosurgeon
Rushed to the hospital for complicated, emergency cervical spine surgery, there was a good probability that I would end up either paralyzed from the neck down or on a ventilator. Instead, thanks to Dr.Whitfield's extraordinary skills, I am walking, talking, and working hard to resume my former life. Dr.Whitfield and his colleague, the Neurologist, Dr. Eduardo Locatelli, are also among the most caring and respectful that I have ever met. Their nurses and office staff reflect the same skill and compassion.

October 9th, 2009
I recommend Dr. Whitfield 100%. He and his surgical team took a world of pain from my back. I did not even want a second opinion after he sat and talked to me before the operation. And I am usually a man of 2nd opinions.

April 14th, 2009