A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Melvyn Harrington:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Melvyn Harrington is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Melvyn Harrington, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Harrington graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Harrington has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Foundation Surgical Hospital
- Loyola University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Harrington accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Melvyn A. Harrington practice?
Dr. Melvyn Harrington practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, and Surgery near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Maywood, IL and Pearland, TX.
See Houston Orthopedic Surgeons and Houston Surgeons.