A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. M Shemtov:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. M Shemtov is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. M Shemtov, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Kidney Cancer
- Laser Surgery
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urologic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shemtov graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shemtov has 6 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shemtov accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 30 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan