Dr. Mercedes Garrido MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2016
. She is the assigned physician with our health plan. I hope she is transferred soon.

November 28th, 2015
Rude, very unprofessional . I'll never go back!!

December 3rd, 2013
Dr. Garrido is professional, knowledgeable and caring. She treats each patient with respect and concern and is able to provide excellent care. There is opportunity for low-cost labs and referrals. The physician's assistant, nurses and other doctors I met were also very good. The office staff is over-worked and has trouble keeping up though they make sincere effort. Plan to wait and be thankful if you get in quickly. Due to the great needs in low-cost medical care you will want to plan ahead as much as possible because the Deltona office is VERY busy. The Deltona office also offers Dental.

October 6th, 2011
I do not recommend this doctor.Over two hours of waiting. I was with my 2 year old son and I had to leave and never saw the doctor.

September 8th, 2011
She is great but the staff is horrible
I have been seeing Dr Garrido for about two years now and she has always been a caring doctor who actually takes the time to listen to concerns. Having said that, if you are going to see her at the Howland location, your best bet is to get an 8 am appt because if not, you will be waiting NO LESS than two hours to see her! The office staff are very unfriendly and also EXTREMELY disorganized. One glance past the two receptionists into the office behind them, and you will see mounds of patients' paperwork strewn about. It is also very hard to get through to anyone by phone. For example, I was prescribed a medication that I had a bad reaction to and told by Dr Garrido, herself to stop taking it immediately and call her right away if I developed any bad side effects. Well, I did just that and it actually took her staff nearly TWO WEEKS to return the numerous messages I left for her regarding the medication. The referral clerk is also very disorganized so God help you if you happen to need a referral to see a specialist- You will have to continually call the clerk day after day and HOPE that she answers the phone in order to get your referral. I am a working person without health insurance and certainly grateful for the assistance that Dr Garrido's office provides in that regard. If it weren't for clinics such as hers, I wouldn't be ABLE to see a doctor at all. Having said that, the staff make it pretty clear that your health and well being are not all that important to them and getting through to the doctor is difficult because of the fact that they do not answer the phone, do not check messages or return phone calls, and do not treat most patients with common decency. I am referring specifically to the office staff here, as the medical assistants have always been kind to me.

March 27th, 2011
she is horrible, dont go to her....

September 8th, 2010
worst doctor ever
never followed up, had many tests run, never called me back,never followed up, won't return phone calls, very rude to you, overweight by tons and tells you you need to lose wait. improper follow up and never complete diagnosis after 6 months, no follow up and now i can't reach her for reports i paid for to send to another doc. nb

June 3rd, 2009
Don't switch to her
Her staff is incapable of answering the telephone and when they do they are VERY RUDE. The office is dirty. I admit when you FINALLY do get to see her she is at least civil. But overall her office staff and manners are less to be desired.

April 28th, 2009
extrememy poor customer care
For several days I have tried to reach Dr. Garrido to make appointments for my children and only received a busy signal. Finally I went to the office and made the appointments for over a month away. When I finally went we waited for an hour while the staff ate lunch and then I was told my children were not assigned to this doctor. Their insurance cards clearly stated they were patients of Dr. Garrido. At this time I also noticed phones ringing in the background while staff ignored them and ate their lunch. Their office was unclean and smelled of Taco Bell.

February 21st, 2009
I love Dr G. She takes the time to explain things in a caring manner. Very compationate.

February 10th, 2016