Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Academy Womens Healthcare
6071 E Woodmen Rd
Ste 405
Powers, Colorado Springs, CO 80923
719-442-0808
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  So far so good :-)  |  show details
by Devi on Dec 19th, 2013

I am 37 weeks pregnant now and have been seeing Dr, Cassidy since the beginning. I have definitely been a first time, paranoid, whining new mother to be! She has addressed all of my concerns and ran a ton of tests to make sure everything was just perfect! She makes me feel better and has never degraded me or made me feel dumb because I am so worried. I am confident that my delivery will go perfect because of her!

Mar 6th, 2013

Made my third pregnancy a living nightmare. She apologized after delivery...Too little too late.

|  Don't go to her if your even 5 pounds overweight.  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I went to AWHA because of google reviews and I got paired with Dr. Cassidy because I wanted a female OB. Well lets just say I wish I would of switched. Every visit she hounds me about my weight (I know being overweight and pregnant is not good for the baby) but she doesn't have to harp you and make you cry. Every visit I see her for maybe 5 minutes, always feel rushed. Every concern I bring to her she makes me feel stupid and I cant wait to be done with this doctor! I went in the other day for leaking fluids after demanding to be seen, they told me its normal...leaking amniotic fluid is NOT normal and you should be seen if you suspect it was that. Turns our it was a bacterial infection and here I am 5 days later waiting for my prescription to be filled because the doctor (granted not dr cassidy but her NP) still hasn't called me back or filled it. I would not recommend this office to my worst enemy.

Jul 31st, 2012

I love Dr. Cassidy,from day one she's been in my corner.If I need anything no questions ask she's there.I have been a patient for over 7yrs and wouldnt change doctors for nothing,well unless i leave Colorado and then i would love to take her with me.Great Doctor!

|  Dr. Cassidy is a great doctor!  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I'm always glad to see doctor Cassidy. I feel that she's pretty straight-forward, doesn't hold any punches. She's caring, delivered my second baby, and even helped my oldest with her female needs! It's gotten to the point where, if I have an appointment and can't Dr. Cassidy can't see me, I'd rather reschedule! But that's just me...

|  happymother  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

A couple years ago, i was overdue by four days with my daughter when i was walking my dog and fell on my stomach. I was also very low in fluids throughout my pregnancy so was very scared for this reason as well...I went in to the hospital and they monitored me. A couple nurses told me they were pretty sure that i'd be induced. Dr. Cassidy was on call and was about to get off her shift. She told me she was sending me home and to check back in a couple days. By the next morning, i hadn't felt any movement from the baby and panicked and ran back to the hospital. The Dr on call said it was good i came in and that the baby's heartrate was dropping and they needed to get me right in for an emergency csection. It was apparent by the way the staff was acting that there was some serious concern. Luckily, everything was fine and Dr. Cassidy even came in to my room and told me she was glad i didn't listen to her. I respect her for that but i still feel that her priorities weren't where they needed to be that night.

|  Great doc!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2010

She takes the time to spend with you. This is wonderful, but could present a problem if you're on a time schedule. Just be prepared to wait a little bit, but it's worth it- she's great!

Aug 31st, 2009

My only issue with this doctor is that she failed to inform me that she was going to be out of town starting on my due date, and for two weeks thereafter. I had to find this out on my OWN ten days before my scheduled due date. Whether or not she intended to inform me or WHEN she intended to inform me is unknown. What is known is that upon calling her office to discuss this, she could not be reached, and her assistant did not bother to return my phone call in a timely manner. I am still waiting to hear from someone to find out WHO will be delivering my baby in ten days. While I understand that doctors can't curtail every event of their lives around each and every patient he/she is seeing, I feel that having to have found out this information on my own by complete accident, and at such a late date is rather dubious. It shows a true lack of consideration on the Dr.'s behalf.

Mar 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com