Dr. Meredith Hixson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 5th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor, AWFUL staff. Every woman who answers the phone is beyond rude. I am considering switching doctors just for that. I've been with Dr. Hixson for years. I made an appointment far in advance because I know OB/GYN doctors get booked fast and I called to reschedule and the appointment didn't exist. Awful staff.

February 23rd, 2016
Dr. Hixson is o.k. but her receptionist is the WORST!!!!! She is rude and not helpful at all! I have never seen such an unprofessional receptionist in my life. If you don't like your job..... Get another one, maybe a correctional officer might suit you better. She does lack P.R. skills yet it still maybe another career option for her!!!!

August 21st, 2015
Absolutely love her.. She has been my doctor for over 6 yrs now. Very personable and professional

September 1st, 2014
One of the best OB I've had. I have 4 kids and she has delivered 2. She made my pregnancy and delivery experience amazing each time.

December 12th, 2013
doesn't care about her patients
I have been having heavy bleeding for months was given a prescription of lo loestrin that caused significantly more bleeding. Called office during regular business hours several times got answering service. When reached the office staff would direct me to wait until patients were all seen before my issue could be handled. Even tried to call answering service leaving messages thinking it was just office personnel problem, doctor did not return any calls or office staff. I called several times daily till they said just go to emergency room per doctors request. I went to er which in turn said that really nothing they could do other than redirect back to Dr. Er doctor spoke with Dr. Hixson who said the procudure which was supposed to be schedule 3 weeks prior was delayed due to insurance requiring prior auth. I called insurance company who state doctor never contacted for prior auth. and procedure did not require prior auth anyway. So she lied. When doctor office called after er visit to say they finally schduled d&C that should have been schuduled 3 weeks prior, i had already contacted a new doctor. Can not have someone do a procedure I don't trust and who won't bother to follow up if I have problems. Beware if you are looking to be her patient. Btw got with new doctor who schedule the next morning and had d&c scheduled by 3 pm that day, procedure to be done less than a week from time I went in.

July 3rd, 2012
avoid if at all possible
The Dr is rude, has no respect for others time and is not very interested in you or why you are there. You are told that it is problems you just need to live with rather than find a way to fix them. I have never had such a rude and uncaring Dr.

May 16th, 2011
Dr Hixson saved my sanity
I was in extreme pain constantly and had pain during sex. No other Doctor would do anything about it but tell me to live with it. I had been to numerous specialists over a period of several years and had many different procedures (including one that insisted that I had irritable bowel syndrome). I had extremely heavy periods too. Dr Hixson accurately diagnosed that I had pre squamous cells and large fibroids and recommended a total hysterectomy. She performed the surgery and I have never felt better in my life. I found her to be compassionate, professional and caring. I have no complaints at all about her and would recommend her.

March 22nd, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr Hixson for over 6yrs now and I absolutely love her. My mother and daughter both see her. She is very thorough and takes time to explain my health care to me. She is very personable and friendly. I'm not sure about the other ratings listed here but I have had nothing but pleasant experiences. Maybe some of the other patients should consider that they may be the problem not Dr Hixson

December 29th, 2010
She was my doctor for my first pregnacy!
Well i've held this in for 5 years yall! I was having a hard pregnacy and I was sent to bed rest in the hospital for 11 days to wait for my baby to be born still born! She gave me an option either I could wait for the baby to die naturally or cause the baby to pass with the strain of labor. I decided to wait for the baby to decide when it was time. I waited 11 days n the hospital on my one year wedding anniversary night. I finally got discharged to go see a specialist at LSU which I requested weeks before. Well we went to the appointment and the doctor at LSU determined the baby passed! I went back to Northshore Hospital to delivery my baby under Dr. Hixons care and she sat there while I got induced and then she said you have 2 options either you can be delivered by another doctor or wait to deliver your dead baby when I get back from VACATION! OMG please ladies don't go to her I beg of you don't she has no heart and doesn't have any children of her own! I switched doctors that day and will never forget what she said to me! Wait to deliver my baby? That i've been waiting in the hospital for him to pass on his own! Sorry but this really upsets me still! After I delivered I got pregnant again and now have a healthy 5 year old son! God is good! Thank you for listening!

August 10th, 2010
I switched to another doctor when I was 4 months pregnant because I felt that I deserved better care from Dr. Hixson and her staff.

August 25th, 2009
THE WORST!
I cannot believe this Dr has a degree and that people actually keep her as their Dr. What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom of their Medical school? A Dr! Find another Dr to go to and save yourself the agravation. If I could pick NO stars I would have.

September 18th, 2008
Dr. Hixson caused our granddaughter's death.....
Our granddaughter died last year as a direct result of Dr. Hixson's negligence. Our daughter-in-law was 8 days late, and 70% effaced. A simple stress test could have detected that the cord was wrapped around her neck and then a C-section could have been performed, end result a viable full-term baby girl. Instead we had a fetal demise and a funeral, with lifelong grief ahead of us!!