Dr. Meredith Mcdowell MD Patient Reviews

February 17th, 2014
DO NOT GO TO HER
I had to have Dr. McDowell repair my 4th degree tear at Rhinebeck Hosp, in 2012. Let's just say she didn't do what she should have because within one week of her repair job I had fecal incontinence. I repeatedly went back to my OBGYN and was told, that fecal incontinence was not normal but that it would go away because I was healed fine. Fast forward: 6 months later my Primary Care Dr. tells me that indeed there is a problem and I have a rectal prolapse and sphincter muscle that is not completely round. I had to have reconstructive surgery after McDowell was done with me! This is the worse surgery one can have to go through. C-section for my first was a breeze; VBAC experience was horrible b/c of McDowell's terrible repair job. She never saw me again; never checked in on me; nothing!

November 9th, 2012
Not Very Nice!
This doctor is short tempered and snippy. I don't get the feeling she has any empathy for her patients. Not a word of consideration after making me wait nearly two hours in a hospital bed under sedation for an operation.

September 10th, 2011
Great doctor
Dr. McDowell is the best. She listens to what you tell her regarding your problem. She is leaving Chenango Memorial and I will miss her terribly.

March 30th, 2010
Thanks Dr. Meredith
thank you for being so kind and gentle when I needed you a while back. Thank you for the on target diagnosis and treatment.

March 12th, 2010
Wonderful
I have been dealing with Mcdowell for a couple years and I absolutly love her!!!! She is so wonderful and caring and I am very comfortable with her. I wont see any other doctor because she takes good care of me!!!!

January 11th, 2010
Amazing doctor!!! Knows what she's doing and she actually listens to you. She is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable so she's easy to talk to. I highly recommend her!