Dr. Merle Diamond MD Patient Reviews

May 28th, 2017
Great doctor
She's one of the best

December 28th, 2016
Helped me when several neurologists could not.
I see Dr. Merle Diamond at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. When I arrived, I was in my 10th week of a chronic migraine and my third neurologist did not have any options for me except to manage pain. Unwilling to function or exist on pain meds indefinitely, I looked for leading clinics in headache research and found the Diamond Headache Clinic. I am now able to manage my chronic daily migraine, am not living on pain killers, work full time, and am happy. I have my life back. Dr. Diamond listened, used a reasonable approach, and explained everything to me. I now just visit for a check-in. I highly recommend Dr. Merle Diamond.

October 12th, 2016
The Best
First thing she taught me is that there is no cure for Migraines, only how to prevent them and manage them. Will work with you to education and the right preventive meds. Along with her team, she gave me my life back.

August 17th, 2016
Good Doctor, Terrible Staff
I suffer from chronic migraine, cluster, and sinus headaches. Sometimes all at once. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Diamond is a very good doctor who has helped me overcome my headaches issues and pain more than I can say and am greatful. Her nurses are very cordial and nice too. However, more times than not, she is running way behind, sometimes more than an hour. Scheduling can sometimes be very difficult and she seems to overbook. And her staff and billing deptartment can be very rude and inept. They never seem to use correct codes, wait for payments to clear insurance, or get the bills correct. They also seem to have an issue billing insurance in a timely manner. Waiting too long to file the statement with your carrier. They also will double bill, and the statements are always vague in showing the proper charges or services provided. When you check in, if there is a balance on account, even when waiting for insurance to pay first, they like to loudly announce to waiting room, the balance and ask are you paying now? They are less than helpful, and are causing me to rethink being a patient. They practically give you a migraine the doctor just got rid of. If you can eliminate or overlook all of that, I'd have give all stars across the board.

May 17th, 2015
Best place for chronic headaches
Dr. Merle L. Diamond is an excellent neurologist with outstanding specialization in chronic headaches. The Diamond Headache Clinic is number one in the country for those searching for the best headache treatment. The Diamond Headache Clinic also has a very and highly professional, knowledgeable and empathetic staff. Strongly recommend.

December 17th, 2014
During the time I spent in the Diamond Headache Clinic(almost a month) she and her father, Dr. Seymore, were my heros, but she later told me I was hers. This has blessed me for many years since. They helped me when no one else could. Very grateful.

March 25th, 2014
Like a real professional
She was incredible and sweet. I have had migraines for years. I have never cried myself to sleep until experiencing the cluster headaches and menstrual migraines I had. I got so depressed, I thought I was going to die, the effects of the migraine were creeping into my social life. Dr. Diamond went above and beyond, personally acknowledging the clear non-physical symptoms I had and emotional stress I was undertaking, as well as helping with pain relief. I haven't had to take off close to an entire week of work since a few months after starting treatment with her a few years ago. I still have migraine but, no longer endure the debilitating pain and sadness that used to accompany it.

February 23rd, 2013
Drug pusher
My experience at the Diamond headache clinic was difficult. I was in highschool and suffering from severe migraines. Dr Diamond prescribed me narcotics to deal with them after some brief trial and error with other medicines. When those narcotics did not work I was given stronger narcotics. When those made things worse I got put on a bizarre combination of antipsychotics and narcotics. I was made worse that I was before plus I had narcotics dependancy issues. Any doctor who asks what I have tried to get rid of mg migraines is blown away by the negligence of Dr Diamond. Though it has been a long road with the help of more responsible neutologists my migraine situatipnhas come under control. I would bot recommend Dr Diamond to my worst enemy. Do not go!

February 12th, 2013
Finally
I had suffered for 69 nights with CLUSTER HEADACHES. With not succes with local Drs I traveled to Chicago to see Dr Diamond . 3 days later no headache. If your suffering from Cluster headaches you need to see Dr Diamond . Best trip I have ever made

March 22nd, 2012
Highly recommended
I used to have very bad headaches that were just about keeping me from working and normal functioning. Thank goodness that Dr Merle Diamond was willing to stay with it until she found exactly the right medications and other recommendations to keep my headaches under great control. I hardly ever have a headache any more, as long as I do what I've been advised to do. The only down side is the sometimes long wait to see her at the clinic.

December 24th, 2011
It doesn't get any better than Merle. I have seen a lot of headache doctors and most of them are impressed with themselves and difficult to deal with. I had finally found a great headache specialist when I had to move halfway across the country. My previous doctor referred me to Merle saying that her patients all loved her and I can immediately see why. I get excellent care at DHC and I always feel like my concerns and questions are heard. Merle also has a wonderful PA, Christine Lantin. I have gotten appointments with Christine on very short notice when something is going on and I always feel like I am in good hands with both her and Merle. I strongly recommend DHC.

October 18th, 2011
Dr. Merle is one of the most loving and caring doctors I could have the privilege to find. She has helped me when all other docs gave up on me. I find it unreal and insane for someone to post such a personal message about her and her family. What matters here is how she treats her patients and what kind of doc she is. Shame on you for posting something like that!!