Internists
1460 N Halsted St
Ste 501
Chicago, IL 60642
773-388-6390
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Like a real professional  |  show details
by Anon on Mar 25th, 2014

She was incredible and sweet. I have had migraines for years. I have never cried myself to sleep until experiencing the cluster headaches and menstrual migraines I had. I got so depressed, I thought I was going to die, the effects of the migraine were creeping into my social life. Dr. Diamond went above and beyond, personally acknowledging the clear non-physical symptoms I had and emotional stress I was undertaking, as well as helping with pain relief. I haven't had to take off close to an entire week of work since a few months after starting treatment with her a few years ago. I still have migraine but, no longer endure the debilitating pain and sadness that used to accompany it.

|  Drug pusher  |  show details
by Jessl on Feb 23rd, 2013

My experience at the Diamond headache clinic was difficult. I was in highschool and suffering from severe migraines. Dr Diamond prescribed me narcotics to deal with them after some brief trial and error with other medicines. When those narcotics did not work I was given stronger narcotics. When those made things worse I got put on a bizarre combination of antipsychotics and narcotics. I was made worse that I was before plus I had narcotics dependancy issues. Any doctor who asks what I have tried to get rid of mg migraines is blown away by the negligence of Dr Diamond. Though it has been a long road with the help of more responsible neutologists my migraine situatipnhas come under control. I would bot recommend Dr Diamond to my worst enemy. Do not go!

|  Finally  |  show details
by Tim Nelson/Madison,Ms on Feb 11th, 2013

I had suffered for 69 nights with CLUSTER HEADACHES. With not succes with local Drs I traveled to Chicago to see Dr Diamond . 3 days later no headache. If your suffering from Cluster headaches you need to see Dr Diamond . Best trip I have ever made

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

I used to have very bad headaches that were just about keeping me from working and normal functioning. Thank goodness that Dr Merle Diamond was willing to stay with it until she found exactly the right medications and other recommendations to keep my headaches under great control. I hardly ever have a headache any more, as long as I do what I've been advised to do. The only down side is the sometimes long wait to see her at the clinic.

Dec 24th, 2011

It doesn't get any better than Merle. I have seen a lot of headache doctors and most of them are impressed with themselves and difficult to deal with. I had finally found a great headache specialist when I had to move halfway across the country. My previous doctor referred me to Merle saying that her patients all loved her and I can immediately see why. I get excellent care at DHC and I always feel like my concerns and questions are heard. Merle also has a wonderful PA, Christine Lantin. I have gotten appointments with Christine on very short notice when something is going on and I always feel like I am in good hands with both her and Merle. I strongly recommend DHC.

Oct 18th, 2011

Dr. Merle is one of the most loving and caring doctors I could have the privilege to find. She has helped me when all other docs gave up on me. I find it unreal and insane for someone to post such a personal message about her and her family. What matters here is how she treats her patients and what kind of doc she is. Shame on you for posting something like that!!

Sep 24th, 2011

I have suffered severly debilitating migranes and cervical pain for several years...multiple neuros/orthos/pain specialists, facet blocks, ablations, opiate medication, prolotheray, extensive PT... lost employment when I could no longer perform at a high professional level, financial difficulties and eventual bankruptcy, absolute emotional exhaustion.. many of you know the drill.I began seeing Merle two years ago by referral. In addition to offering vastly more effective migrane strategies and a drug regime free of opiates, Merle is genuinely caring. Migranes have diminished in both frequency and severity ... things previous specialists were unable to provide. There is still much work needed, but I am moving in the right direction. Importantly, I have hope.Merle has encouraged me and helped me through a very rough period ... to a position where I can face going back to additional specialists in her network. This isn't an easy road of simple solutions. If it weren't for Merle's knowledge, professionalism and character, it would be a road down, not up.Saddly, one response to this site appears to be part of some deeply disturbed personal vendetta. Pathetic.

|  Vital comments for dr Merle diamond response  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

I have been a patient of dr diamond for 8 years now and she is one of the best physicians that I have seen. Her bedside manner is like no other!! My response to the "idiot" who brings up her personal life while comparing that to her professionalism, must be a pathetic sick person!!! My headaches are the best they have ever or shall I say NEVER been, thanks to Merle !! Shame on you for bringing up trash on this site about a wonderful dr. I hope you get the help you need!

Apr 16th, 2011

shes great

|  Always a long long wait anymore,  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

Last three apointments were 2 hours waiting 2 and half hours, and three hours waiting for appointment.

|  Exceptional Doctor and Human Being  |  show details
by Jean Thiry on Nov 23rd, 2009

Have been a patient for over 20 years. Love both Dr. Diamonds. Merle is a caring individual who takes time with patients and wants to know "what's going on." Seymour is a wonderful man who has brought migraines from fiction to reality. I could not have lived a normal life without them.

|  Absolutely the best!  |  show details
by Beth on Jul 27th, 2009

I had seen several doctors for my headaches and migraines and it took 3 years till I found her. If you have headaches she is the doctor to see. She is listens, understands, and has a plan. I went from 3-4 migraines a month that lasted for days to approx 6 a year. She is in Lincoln Park in the city, but the hour drive and short wait is well worth it for me. I have referred everyone I know with headaches to her!