Dr. Merle Janes MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Spokane Valley, WA

• Good
  • Bad

August 25th, 2016
Just a person who had bad knees an orthopedic surgeon told me needed replacing
I liked that he seemed very concerned and wanted to help me. He was very professional and kind. I went back two times for prolotherapy knee injections. My knees healed up and I am walking again, not falling like I was before going to see him. I saved myself thousands of dollars that I did not have, and did not compromise the integrity of my body with unnecessary surgery. My husband went as well and got his shoulders treated that were painful and failing because of overuse as a long-time carpenter. He is back at work and avoided unnecessary surgery. At no time were drugs sought or offered. The experience proved very positive and we are both grateful to have found Dr. Janes.

July 16th, 2016
Dr. Janes has healed many members of my family. Very impressed with his knowledge and pro-lo therapy.

May 10th, 2016
The most amazing Doctor ever
Dr Janes is the most informative Dr i have ever seen. He explains in detail what Prolo therapy is, draws diagrams making sue the patient is comfortable with the choice of receiving treatment. If you change your mind there is no charge for the office call. Im a nurse and he didnt even charge me, who does that? My neck pain is gone and i avoided surgery thanks to Dr Janes

January 21st, 2016
Dr. Janes is very upbeat, kind and skilled. I would highly recommend him and prolo therapy!

April 21st, 2015
Prolotherapy and Dr Janes are life savers
Dr Janes is funny and compassionate. Thanks to his experience with Prolotherapy I was able to avoid neck surgery, and no longer suffer with knee and ankle instability

January 24th, 2015
He's the best doctor out there
He's everything a person is looking for in a great doctor and Mary his assist, is awesome as well.

February 15th, 2013
This man fights hard against the medical corruption that is in Spokane, Wa
I started seeing the good Dr. many years ago and I do thank him for giving me back trust in the medical field. I have several good doctors that have kept me going against all the sick, fraudulant lies a handful of doctors produce for the Labor & Industries files. Through this guise of performing physicals on said patients when they are not, but simply reading the false reports before them(which are paid for and distributed by L&I) this corrupt, immoraI sickness has given me over 20 yrs. in constant 8-10 scale pain. I cannot speak for all, but some of the other refered doctors blindly support the reports and close the doors on what I am saying(but the intelligent ones don't{I have been told many times that, "I have never read an L&I report, I know what they are."}) and, or come back in 1 year, maybe then? The fact that IME doctors(and I've seen many that are disfunctional) are flowen in on day trips to make very big money for a professional, 3 minute opinion, that turns into a hands on physical claim, also the fact that these same doctors don't write their reports(written by office help trained to pick out the juicy right phrases from a pile of embellished false reports), and add then add in the fact that these doctors are hired to destroy you(L&I dictates the exam) leaves Dr Janes in a very tough spot. All patients, PAY ATTENTION! Get your files and read them thouroughly, contest all the lies, you are protecting Dr Janes and health care!

February 12th, 2013
Great DR
I saw Dr Janes for an L and I claim. This is not a Dr like you are probably used to. This Dr. spent ample time with me doing testing and had a genuine concern for helping me. It was nice seeing a Dr that isnt just moving you through like cattle. Now he is not an approved provider for L and I, so the search for another physiatrist continues. If you are able to see Dr. Janes, odds are in your favor that he is going to help you. Sure, everyone is not going to like him, but as for me, I thought the guy was FANTASTIC!!!

June 9th, 2012
Unprofessional
I visited with Dr. Janes and his office staff, but found them to be evasive about how they might actually help; so I came away with more pain just communicating with them, and a total distrust in using their services.

July 13th, 2011
Without Dr. Janes, I would be decrepit
I have had dozens of prolotherapy treatments from Dr. Janes. He has fixed my knees, elbows, ankles, back, hand, and neck. He has been doing this for a very long time, he trained with the best, and he frequently attends seminars to learn the latest techniques. He is a master diagnostician, and you will usually get an extensive lesson in physiology along with the diagnosis. He spends as long at it takes with you; he is never rushed. Getting an appointment can involve leaving a message, because Dr. Janes is in such demand he practices in two locations--in Spokane Valley and in another office near Seattle. Dr. Janes is my all-time favorite doctor, because without him, this 69-year-old would be decrepit. As a result of his treatment, I can do anything I want. Thank you Dr. Janes!

June 8th, 2011
What I've been looking for
Dr. Janes is very unique... intelligent, compassionate, and he's not afraid to think out side the standard medical model. In fact, he's not afraid to think! I received prolotherapy and a wonderful indepth explanation of the physiology involved.

January 20th, 2011
I was charged $40.00 more than I was told for the first visit. (advised exam was $250, charged me $290. He does not want to bill insurance. I had to call 4 times before he returned my call. I was very polite in questioning him about my bill. Basically, he didn't want to hear anything I had to say and ended up hanging up on me, which I believe is totally unprofessional. He adds interest if you do not pay on the first visit. Very unprofessional...