A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Merrill Kies:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Merrill Kies is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Merrill Kies, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Thoracic Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Kies graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Kies has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- M D Anderson Cancer Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kies accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Merrill S. Kies practice?
Dr. Merrill Kies practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck, and Public Health & General Preventive Medicine near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists, Houston Oncologists, Houston Surgeons, and Houston Preventive Medicine Specialists.