Dr. Merry Tetef MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Laguna Hills, CA

• Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2016
Excellent Doctor cant say enough about her..great bedside manner. Have seen her for many years before and after my cancer..she is a life saver

June 28th, 2015
Breast Cancer Patient / +5 years
Dr. Merry Tetef clearly is caring, demonstrates compassion and is truly concerned not just about an individual's physical health, but the emotional health that is connect to those with different cancers.

June 1st, 2015
5 star rating for everything

May 29th, 2015
Love Love Love this Dr. I have been stage 4 since 2003 and Im still here!!! Why- Because this Dr. Knows her stuff!!! I can not recommend her more highly.

May 12th, 2015
Best, most compassionate doctor I have ever known. (2006 - 2011)

March 26th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
Amazing, caring Dr. - Had previous oncologist with no bedside manner - Dr. Tetef is kind and listens to you. She is straight forward and very professional. She returns calls personally and has a terrific staff.

March 16th, 2013
Caring and knowledgable Doctor
I am doctor Tetef's patient since 2009 . I found he very compassionate, knowledgeable and caring. She is always there to listen to you. It happened many times for different reason I needed her guidance and she was only one phone call away. She is constantly concern about my well being even though I am a cancer survivor now .Believe it or not because of the way she and her nurses took care of me, believe it or not I even miss those chemotherapy days. Thanks Doctor Tetef for being such a great doctor and passionate human being.

February 6th, 2011
the best
Dr. Tetef humanizes her dealings with you & your fight with Cancer. She explains your options clearly and answers any questions, then or later. She is a very caring, personable physician who understands the fear you have and tries to ameliorate that with info. Dr. Tetef is knowledgeable and up to date on Cancer treatments. If there is something she's not sure about, she will research it and get back to you. I am grateful she is my oncologist.KER

April 19th, 2010
I found Dr. Tetef to be lacking in medical knowledge. For example, she informed me that I could still enter an experimental clinical trial even though she was starting me on a new chemotherapy. This is not the case, as the clinical director of the experimental trial informed me. When the cancer recurred after using a particular hormonal treatment, she wanted to start me on another hormonal of the same type. Other oncologists told this was ill-advised. With respect to insurance coverage, she told me I had to go off a targeted therapy that was apparently working because my insurance would no longer cover it. In fact, this targeted therapy is covered and I am still on it. She was also lacking in compassion, and was very cold and clinical.

February 7th, 2010
Professional and caring
I would highly reccomend Dr. Tetef. She is very professional and caring. She is very thorough in her medical examining and does not prescribe unnecessarily.

November 11th, 2009
I have seen serveral oncologist and Dr. Tetef is by far the most professional and compassionate doctor I have met. She never seems rushed at my appointments (I have been with her for four years). She notes the most minute details I mention regarding my health and always asks me about them at my follow up visits. Her staff of 5+ nurses are outstanding in the care they provide, always gentle and pleasant. I have been extremely pleased with her care and would highly recommend her.

October 21st, 2009
Doesn't care about patients
She is short with patients. Poor bedside manner and doesn't follow through. In addition, terrible and rude office staff with a lazy nurse. Don't go to her . Patient care is not first in that office.