Dr. Merula Franzgrote MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2011
Doctor That Misdiagnoses and Doesn't Know Beans
All this doctor did was accuse me of having an eating disorder and threatened to lock me in a hospital.Out of all my followup appointments, she never tries to study my problem(or at least the problem she claims I have), and only tells me to keep following up with her.On my first visit she said my "problem" would take a few months to heal, then on my third visit, she said it would take a few years.She said that I would need to see a psychiatrist and a dietitian. When I said, "I don't think so, everything is going smoothly for me". She replied by saying because I told her that, it's a symptom of an eating disorder. What?!?!Now this record of an "eating disorder" is stuck in my medical record for the rest of my life, and I'll have a hard time applying for jobs that require medical background checks because of this.I don't eat a lot and I'm a little bit underweight, but that's how I've been all the time, and I'm a vegan too. She uses all this as a basis for my eating disorder.When I asked her, "Why do people become obese?". She replied, "Because they eat too much and eat when they are not hungry". A few minutes later she said that eating increases your metabolic rate. Then I asked her the same question again. She replied this time, "Obese people are obese because they don't eat enough, and most of my patients who are obese do not eat breakfast". So she tells me that obesity is caused by eating too much and later that obesity is caused by eating too little.I have to wait for a ridiculously long time before she comes into the exam room.Do not see this doctor.

August 12th, 2011