Dr. Merwin Jenkins DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Livonia, MI

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2015
Nice man, but would not recommend.
Found this doctor through a list of primary care physicians in my area. I picked him because he was reasonably close by, but now I wish I hadn't. The first thing that you notice when you come to Dr. Jenkins' office is that it's clearly been renovated from an old house. That wouldn't be a bad thing if the place actually looked clean. The examination room has wood-paneled walls, Norman Rockwell tchotchkes, and this yarn wall art with a creepy clown face all collecting dust -- this can't be sanitary. Same for the nurse's aide wearing street clothes over his scrubs. Dr. Jenkins is friendly but seemed more interested in my personal life then why I was actually there. He also asked why I would have depression-- shouldn't an MD be a little more knowledgeable about stuff like this? It made (and makes) me feel that I won't be taken seriously. Oh, and don't expect any kind of real follow-up or anything out of the 21st century (i.e. automated reminder messages before an appointment --thankfully I remembered mine/programmed them into my phone, but this is a disadvantage to other people). I am always uncomfortable going there and that's why I'm looking to transfer PCPs.

June 3rd, 2014
One of the greatest men I've ever met
Dr. Jenkins delivered me as a baby 26 years ago and has been my Doctor ever since. Such a nice and caring man. I'm glad to have grown up with him, I lost my Father when I was 8 years old and Dr. Jenkins filled that Father figure role I needed in my life and I can't thank him enough for it. I love ya Doc, gonna be seeing ya soon!

October 6th, 2010
Best Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
Dr.Jenkins Is not only very personable, But takes the time needed to make sure that you get the best care possible without a hassle. In and out withing 30 min at most everytime. I have been seeing him for almost 2 years now and hope to continue seeing him in the future. This is a Doctor who cares greatly about his clients. However Some people working on his staff are very difficult to deal with at times. I will not mention any names but I am sure people know who I am talking about. But like Prescription drugs This Dr's Benifits out weigh the poor service from some staff members.

August 2nd, 2010
Dr. Jenkins has been my Primary Care doctor for over 4 years. It's nice to have a Dr. that actually knows you, and is very easy to talk to. Most doctors don't even remember your name let alone the things you may talk about at your appointment, and past appointments before. I have a trusting relationship with him. He will answer any question you have and he will explain with good detail. He never tries to rush you out of the room. My last appointment I believe he spent a good 20 minutes with me trying to help me and catching up with my family and me as they go there as well. In my opinion hes a great Dr.

February 4th, 2016