Dr. Mia Finkelston Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Mia Finkelston?

Bad experience!

Posted on January 23rd, 2012

I am new to area. Choose Dr. Finkelston carefully and accepted the 2 + months for my first appt. Day came and was called at 7:15 am to cancel due to doctors illness. Understandable. What wasn't was the lack of respect for getting me in after she canceled. Not only could I not get another appt for yet another 2 months but the doctor felt no responsibility for the fact that she had canceled. Nor was there concern that in trying to get with new doctor need to keep up with prescriptions etc. I was told that they would call me back after speaking to the doctor and I waited a week before calling them back. Not the best professional behavior. If this is how she treated me now better to find out before I am having an emergency in a hospital and depending/needing her. So not impressed, more disgusted than anything else.

Good for minor problems like colds etc but nothing that requires a bit of work

Posted on January 23rd, 2009

She is great with my kids. Seems upbeat, very enthusiastic, and I would reccommend her to anyone who needs to just get a check-up, has a cold, or flu.But if you have anything more complex than what I mentioned above, try someone else. She was very short, rude, and insulting to me when I came to her with two lumps on my back. Perhaps she was having a bad day, I don't really know. She asked me if I thought I was dying of cancer when I had started to cry...and then asked me if I was upset because I thought I'd let myself go. I was so shocked by her tone that I just wanted out of the office. Right before she was ready to leave, she turned her back and said, I get the feeling you think we are being thorough enough. I wished I'd said yes, but I was still crying.She told me when I tried to ask a question after I'd calmed down and before she left the room, that she really had other patients to see. She'd spent ten minutes with me, tops.I have not been to a doctor since (Fall 2008). It really affected me. I had always thought good of her, but I'd never seen her for anything other than colds or flu before then.I still have the lumps. I took pain pills, muscle relaxers, used ice/heat and nothing stopped the pain or made the lumps go away. It still hurts and now I have a third one. I came here looking for a doctor with good ratings. I didn't intend to rate her, but then saw her name. Again, she is a good doctor, but I think there are better ones when it comes to illnesses other than colds/flus.

Posted on March 29th, 2016