Dr. Mia Lynne Vaneken Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mia Lynne Vaneken?

August 18th, 2011

Our Best OB Experience Ever!!

Dr. Van Eken has been the primary obstetrician for me throughout this entire pregnancy. Her care for me, my unborn child and my family has been amazing. She takes the time to listen to all of our concerns and goes beyond to ensure that my health & safety is the top priority. She is an outstanding physician and we will drive for hours if needed to continue seeing her in the future.

November 20th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Van Eken was a nightmare

I went to this practice for all of my prenatal care and delivery of my 1st child- and my experience was a nightmare. Throughout the prenatal care I felt like the doctors I saw were always rushed and never really got to know me. I actually preferred seeing their NPs as they spent more time answering questions and providing education.Then, I unfortunately had life-threatening complications during my delivery. Without getting into a lot of detail, it took Dr. Van Eken far too long to find out what was wrong (a simple ultrasound was needed) before she performed surgery. After surgery, she told me everything was fine, to come back in six weeks for a standard check-up, and then never followed up. I called her a few times in the next couple of weeks due to complications, and she brushed off my concerns as usual recovery. Well, a couple weeks later I developed a massive infection and it turns out the initial surgery was never completed properly. I had to see another doctor to have the same surgery repeated and they were shocked at how much was missed.What makes me so angry is that every time I brought up my concerns about my symptoms, Dr. Van Eken made it seem like I was over-reacting. Instead, she should have followed up with my care, especially after a major medical procedure. I am furious with the care this practice provided during and after the birth of my child. I would warn anyone against using Valley Women for Women and recommend that they use a smaller practice where they will know exactly who will be delivering their child.

August 17th, 2010

Dislike this doctor. Please do not go to her. She is very unprofessional and never explain why certain tests are done. Overall this practice is a horrible place.

August 13th, 2010

Made me feel like i was an inconvenience and a waste of her time. very unprofessional.

April 16th, 2010

Our experience with Dr. Van Eken was wonderful. The pregnancy and delivery for our baby girl went like clockwork. We had appointments with other people in the practice and were given excellent care, but we just clicked with Dr. Van Eken. I would recommend her, if you are looking for an OB/GYN.

April 22nd, 2015