Dr. Mia Skourtis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 8th, 2016
Dr. Skourtis has a unique ability to make a patient feel very comfortable and at ease. She is very honest and easy to speak with. I would absolutely highly recommend her!

April 6th, 2015
Registered Nurse
Dr. Skourtis was recommended by a doctor and several hospital nurses. I went for a consultation following plastic surgery by another surgeon. Dr. Skourtis spent time explaining, evaluating, reassuring and instructing me. What a great experience!

November 9th, 2011
Great!!!
She was one of the best doctors Ive ever had, she is very personal, tells you her oppinion and answers all your questions so you are very comfortable doing your surgery. I love her and would recomend her to everyone.

November 7th, 2011
Above and Beyond Expectations
It is an pleasure for me to write and review on Dr Mia Skortis. My experience with Dr Skortis is most definitely above and beyond my expectations.I have had rhinoplasty and also continue to go to Dr Skortis for botox and juvederm. I drive 2 hours for every appointment as I know that she is the best at what she does. It is not convenient for me to drive 2 hours but it is totally worth the effort as I know she is a leader in her field and I believe it is well worth that effort.I was very nervous about getting rhinoplasty and had initial consultations with 3 other doctors over the years. It took much courage for me to trust anyone, I was very worried and concerned about what could go wrong. I have wanted to do something about the bump on my nose since I was in my teens and I was 43 when I finally mustered the courage, only because I found the person I could trust to do the surgery. I am so happy with the results, it is better than I could have ever hoped for. I feel like I have a perfect nose and I feel like it improves the look of my face.The only thing I wish would be that I had met Dr Skortis earlier!My personal impression of Dr Skortis led me to trust her to do my surgery, I have had such a wonderful experience with her. Most importantly I believe her technical skills are outstanding as evidenced by my excellent surgical results.From the very beginning I received completeness regarding all of the information and I was encouraged to ask questions and given thorough explanations and answers to all my questions. It was very clear to me that Dr Skortis has exemplary knowledge as a surgeon and she knows how to deliver the information in a way that is easy to understand.My personal interactions with Dr Skortis and Jodie are always so pleasant. The professionalism and kindness of the Dr Skortis and Jodie is always so refreshing. I feel that I have a warm and open relationship with both of them. They are always available any time to answer questions and will call back promptly if I leave a message.I have referred quite a few friends and family to Dr Skortis and would recommend her highly to anyone reading this review. Dr Skortis has had such a positive impact on my life I can't thank her enough.

November 6th, 2011
What an amazing doctor! HIGHLY recommended

November 3rd, 2011
Great Care
I had a great experience with dr. s from the first moment. Jody was very nice on the phone, and was able to squeeze in an appointment for me during the short time i was in portland. Dr. s met with me in her office and gave me more information about breast augmentation than the other drs. i met with, and answered all my questions. she spent over one hour talking with me and trying different sizes of breast implants so tha i would be happy wih my choice. i had the surgery 3 wks ago and am sooo happy that i did it. i'm glad i chose dr. s over the other surgeons i met, and it was worth the long drive to have her as my dr. thank you so much.

October 24th, 2011
BEWARE! Unprofessional and unethical.
Maybe it should have been a red flag that this doctor needs to advertise, run specials and give free consultations. Maybe it should have been an even bigger red flag when I noticed the front desk secretary to have a scary, botched-looking face lift. Either way... I went in for a consultation for a somewhat rare procedure (repairing earlobes that have been stretched for aesthetic reasons using large wooden discs.) I asked questions regarding procedure, scarring, etc. The doctor claimed to have done "dozens" of this type of procedure, but was only able to produce 3 photographs of completed earlobe reconstructions... all extremely blurry. I asked whether that was all she had, and the secretary told me yes, but was very rude about it, just citing the fact that Dr. Skourtis went to Stanford as the reason why she's "the best", and that's all I need to know. Maybe if I was an idiot, that's all that would matter?After talking with a friend and deciding that I was comfortable enough with what I DID see to go for it, I made an appointment to have the procedure done. I was rudely told by the secretary that the "special" for 15% off she had running on her website was only for larger procedures. That was not stated on the site, but whatever... I made the appointment anyway because I wanted to get it done. About a week later, I received a voicemail. NOT a voicemail asking for a callback so they could talk to me in person... but a voicemail from the secretary telling me that Dr. Skourtis decided not to do my procedure because I "asked a lot of questions" and was "concerned about scarring". She said there are other plastic surgeons in Portland and she cancelled my appointment. Seriously, how unprofessional can you get? I have never in my life been told that asking questions was a negative thing. Good and confident doctors welcome questions... that is a fact. I highly recommend AGAINST this practice.

August 19th, 2011
great bed side manner
very caringgreat result

August 2nd, 2010
Best Experience I Have Ever Had With A Doctor
By the end of my treatment, I felt like Dr. Skortis was family. She does great work and cares about her patients.

July 30th, 2010
Best Plastic Surgeon In Town
I was super happy with Dr. S. She is kind, smart, and does great work.