Family Physicians, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile
1109 B Gale Wilson Blvd
# 307
Fairfield, CA 94533
800-882-4462
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  BEWARE!  |  show details
by Kelly M. on Jan 25th, 2013

I waited 16 weeeks to see Dr. Amster in Jan. of 2009. He spent 5 (FIVE) minutes with me at my first appointment even walking out the door while still talking saying he was "behind schedule". I was upset but decided to give him another chance. At my second visit he didn't seem to care that I didn't want heavy pain medication even though I told him about my friend who'd become dependant on pain meds.He prescibed medicine before ordering tests to determine if I even needed them treating me like a human guinea pig! If I was in alot of pain at my appointments he would say things like "you seem more depressed than in pain" or " your outlook effects pain levels", with an attitude of superiority, almost God-like view of himself . I knew I needed to find a new doctor the day he came into the exam room and began talking about how badly he needed a massage and how great his new girfriend's massages were, I'll never forget that appt. because it was the only time he smiled. At my last visit he had the audacity to embarass me walking into the room saying loudly "your perfume is so strong I can't even come into the room, you need to wash it off and never wear it again to my office" I was so shocked by his rude behavior that I couldn't hold back my tears, He walked away mumbling something like "I can't handle this today". His MA, Rose tried to apologize for his behavior and console me and I think highly of her. I also agree completely with the reviewer that praised Tamara Lee, she is a warm, caring, wonderful provider that I couldn't say enough good things about. She also connected me with a few alternative medicine practicioners that have helped me as well. As for Dr. Amster...BEWARE!

|  sometimes there is a wait to see Dr. Amster but its worth it  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

He's a great Dr. and love his staff....wouldn't trade 'em for the world

|  NOT Recommended  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

Low empathy; Too busy; Quantity vs. quality; Incompetent assistance; Defines your "condition" to meet Big Pharma solutions. This jerk actually took a cell phone call in mid sentence while dicussing my very serious condition, while his "assistant" was still making excuses about them "not being too busy." They prescribed a medication that began a serious life threatening side effect.

|  Compassionate Doctor  |  show details
by DMedina on Sep 24th, 2010

You will not find a more caring pain doctor in Solano County. He listens and gives you the time you need to get all of your questions answered. He is not afraid to order test when needed, while not ordering test for no reason.

|  First impressions aren't always right..  |  show details
by mystica97 on Feb 25th, 2010

I saw Dr. Amster for the first time and I SWORE I would never see him again. I've been a chronic pain sufferer longer than he's been a doctor, and he was soooo condescending I wanted to kick him! He even said, "I think this is psychological, so I am sending you to see our psych nurse." That was the BEST thing he could have EVER done for me. Tamara Manzagar-Lee is his psychopharmacologist, and OMG.. she's amazing. She took two visits to figure out what years of drs had failed to figure out. Then, after four months with her, I had to see Dr. Amster again, and this time, he was.. amazing. I mean really amazing. I'm glad first impressions aren't always right, and since Tamara asked me to give him another chance, and she'd earned my trust (And lifelong loyalty), I'm glad I listened to her. Because of my unique medication needs, it will always be a matter of tweeking the meds, but I'm glad to know there is someone there that will let me know why, how and answer ANY question I have... grateful just doesn't say enough.