A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. MICHAEL CARDENAS:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. MICHAEL CARDENAS is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. MICHAEL CARDENAS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. CARDENAS graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 2 awards.
Dr. CARDENAS has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. CARDENAS accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 20 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. MICHAEL A. CARDENAS practice?
Dr. MICHAEL CARDENAS practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Hondo, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.