Dr. Michael Cheng MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Danville, CA

July 1st, 2016
Fantastic Pediatrician
I have hesitations about writing this review because I don't want Dr Cheng to get so many clients that its difficult to make a appointment, but he deserves all the nice words he can get! He has been my kids' pediatrician since they were months old. We even followed him from one practice to another even though it was a further drive for us because he is that wonderful. Its very easy to make an appointment and his staff is friendly and kind. He has excellent communication skills and lets you know every possibility and choice available for the care of your child. He has even called me a few days after our visit just to check on my boys. I highly recommend Dr. Cheng!

November 7th, 2015
Emily
Dr Cheng is very good at his job. He takes the time to ask the necessary questions, and spends a lot of time with his patients. He helped my daughter through a very difficult time she was having and made very good decisions on her health care. I am very impressed with his positive attitude and deep concern for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Cheng's approach to medicine and would recommend him to all people looking for a great pediatrician.

July 22nd, 2014
Dr. Michael Cheng is wonderful! He's been treating my son since 2007 and we would highly recommend him. He spends time with us, patient in explaining everything, great bedside manner and in following up. Would highly recommend him!

April 21st, 2013
Dr Cheng has been my sons pediatrican since birth and has been an absolutely wonderful and caring person as well as a true professional at each visit. My son recently incurred a head injury and Dr Cheng showed sincere concern throughout the entire process with 2 follow up calls and made sure he received the proper care. I enjoy his easy going personality and his honest approach of explaining things.

September 18th, 2012
I am glad that Dr. Cheng came in to visit my new born baby in the hospital and that is when I saw his professionalism, in depth knowledge and caring nature. Being a first time parent you always have tons of questions and he always gave us ample of time to explain each one of them. I would highly recommend Dr. Cheng to anyone who is looking for pediatrician for their little one.

July 8th, 2012
He is awesome!
Dr. Cheng is caring, warm and a great pediatrician. I always receive call backs from him the same day I leave a message and email responses from him are always within 24 hours at the latest. Our family really loves him and he will see our second baby due later this year!

March 21st, 2012
Unprofessional Attitude
This was the 2nd time I've seen this Doctor (we usually see Dr. Trujillo who is EXCELLENT). The first time I saw him, I remember thinking he was condescending and now after the 2nd time, I can honestly say that we will never see him again. I brought my son in with a 2nd degre burn on his finger with a Doctor's recommendation already (via phone) of how to treat it and with what (which was also what was recommended online). However, Dr. Cheng had another suggestion and when I questioned him to find out why and what the differences were between his suggestion and the one I had already heard, he got very defensive and downright rude. He talked over me literally so I could not give him my rational for asking that question. He treated me like I was an idiot or difficult parent. I honestly just wanted to know why he wasn't going with the known recommendation. He became disrespectful and I ended up leaving without having all of my questions answered. It was a very frustrating experience and it's unfortunate that he is part of that practice. All of the other doctors in this office are great (especially Dr. Trujillo). He needs some customer service skills. My guess (and I could be wrong), is that he is not a parent yet. He truly does not grasp the parent perspective at all. There are so many other good choices in that office-there is no need to see Dr. Cheng.