Dr. Michael Ellison Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

August 2nd, 2012

Terrible experience with this Doctor

I am a 30 year old woman with no known medical problems, and I suddenly had intense abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea after being out of the country on a yoga retreat. I explained to this doctor, and the staff at the ER where he is an affiliate, that I was sure I had some kind of parasite. I was ignored and denied by all the staff, including this doctor. He reluctantly performed one stool sample parasite test, but told me it was probably colitis, gastritis, IBS or just something not to worry about. When my results came back negative on the stool sample he said, "well, you're not my favorite kind of patient because I just don't know what's wrong with you." I told him there was blood in my stool and that I was still feeling really sick, and he told me to go back to the ER and let them handle it. I ended up seeing a homeopathic MD on my own, because I was completely dismissed by the ER and this doctor multiple times. In one visit to the homeopathic doctor (who also has a Western MD), she was able to diagnose me with the waterborne parasite Giardia. I am now on treatment for 90 days, because that's how long this has been undiagnosed in my body. This doctor was nice enough, until he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. He did not listen to my instinct that it was a parasite, and they were useless to me after they couldn't figure out why my test came back negative. If you have a simple ailment, this is probably a fine place to go, but if you want comprehensive treatment and to be taken seriously, this is not your best bet.

September 29th, 2010

You Make the Call

Dr Ellison has a gift for easing the worry I usually have when I decide it's time to see the doctor. His diagnoses have all been spot on, but he then refers to a specialist for treatment. This leaves me suffering for 2-3 weeks until I can get in to a specialist's office. I'd prefer he start a treatment and then let the specialist take over.

Lung Cancer