Dr. Michael Epstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 30th, 2015
do not choose this MD!!!
After waiting an hour in the waiting room I was seen by this "dr" for various concerning neurological symptoms with unknown origin. After performing a mediocre neuro exam he started he thinks my condition is due to stress! He was more concerned with trying to b funny and and making jokes about my history than ANYTHING during my appt and then upon exiting he was ecstatic that his last pt had canceled and he didn't have to see any one else, he even went as far as making fun of the way I walk. I left devastated and feeling like I wasted the money on the appt and like I was a worthless patient. No doctor should ever make their pts feel that way it's just not right; it's been hours since my appt and I'm still crying BC of my treatment.

December 29th, 2015
POOR MANNERS
WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH MS, HE WAS EXTREMELY BLUNT WITH NO BEDSIDE MANNER. NOT A DIAGNOSE A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 IN MY 30S WAS EXPECTING TO HEAR. HE COULD HAVE DONE IT WITH A LOT MORE EASE AND FINESSE. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM. ANYONE WITH NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS DOES NOT NEED A DOCTOR THEY WILL SEE ALL THE TIME WITH HIS BAD MANNERS.

August 17th, 2015
He's the best!

June 18th, 2015
WORST Practice!
I am SHOCKED that this practice is STILL in business. Not only do they not have enough staff, but the one's that they do have are extremely rude & unprofessional. They cuss behind the window, are more worried about "socializing" than helping patient, and making jokes/making fun of patient's waiting in the lobby. My son has neurological issues that he is seen for, and upon checking into the lobby their own office manager was overheard behind the window stating "who is making that annoying sound. Get them back in a room so I don't have to hear that sh** anymore". My son is DISABLED and non-verbal. For a manager to say this is BEYOND what should occur in an office, let alone a medical office. Upon having my visit, the doctor was in my room what seemed maybe 5 minutes? Seemed more worried about getting us in & out and getting on to the next patient. After checking out, I overheard the doctor ask the same manager to "bill that visit for however will make me more money". I am DISGUSTED with this entire office. And from what I hear, this isn't the FIRST issue that patient's have. DON'T GO HERE!!

April 1st, 2015
love his doctor

March 10th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Epstein is one of the finest doctors I know. He takes time to talk to you, to explain things out. I have four doctors. Of the four doctors, he is the only one to take the time and does not have his nose stuck on a computer. I recommend him very highly.

May 3rd, 2014
suzanne
I took my son to dr Epstein for his headaches and problem with his eye . Dr Epstein was amazing; friendly, courteous and took his time with me and my son. he called my son's opthomologist right then and there for consult . I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone .

October 17th, 2012
Dr. Epstein should not be practicing medicine
This guy is completely insane and absolutely should be investigated for mental stability by the Arizona Medical Board. If you are looking for a prescribing neurologist who uses racial and religious slurs, drops a lot of f-bombs, and is a completely unstable human being, Dr. Epstein is your guy.The staff here is an absolute joke. They are rude and inept. It's unbelievable that this place is still in business! I would NEVER recommend or use Dr. Epstein again.

October 13th, 2012
Geriatrics beware
Realize 'old people' have values and opinions not always shared with the young, but those with hard won experience should be respected ... a physicians' disheveled appearance does nothing to inspire confidence in how much he cares about himself. YOURself, or anything else ... I thought the good doctor was maintenance staff (who actually looked BETTER!) and his attitude was a real turn-off. Rude, insulting, brusque and insensitive. There is no excuse good enough to justify adding to ANYone's misery by confrontation with this individual. Keep looking.

August 24th, 2012
His staff is AWFUL!! Never return phone calls even from pharmacies that need permission to renew a prescription. Asking for a malpractice suit with not calling in prescriptions when they promise they will; however they have no problem calling you if you are a day late on payment. Here's a tip Dr. Epstein get rid of your overpaid staff and get people that will actually do their job!!

March 8th, 2012
Are You Kidding Me?
Are you kidding me? This doctor, and his staff are AWEFUL.NEVER go here.

November 27th, 2011
Prospective patients need to know that Dr. Epstein was reprimanded by the Arizona Medical Board for "Gross negligence resulting in the death of a patient". During a recent hospitalization Dr. Epstein was called in for a consultation for me and I was shocked by his bizarre, rude and inappropriate behavior. I was so concerned that when he left my room to check my E.E.G. results I pulled out my IPad and checked his profile on the Board's website. I read the transcript of his Board hearing and was stunned. I immediately called my nurse and told her that he was NOT to return to my room. In my opinion there is something seriously wrong with him and the Board should seriously consider revoking his license. He may be intelligent; I couldn't determine that based on my brief interaction with him. But he seemed to me to be impaired and I fear that this poses a danger to any patient with whom he comes into contact.