Dr. Michael Friedman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 7th, 2016
Dr.Friedman Is a great doctor!

May 23rd, 2016
Opinion of visit to this doctor
On the first visit I waited about 5 hours and got out of this office after dark. No testing was done and he didn't even look when I was attempting to show him where my pain was coming from. He asked to see my hands and immediately said that I had osteoarthritis. What 76 year old doesn't have some? He scheduled a follow-up in 6 weeks and upon arrival (I had requested a 10:15 AM appt thinking that if I was one of the first ones to get there I would get away earlier. Upon arrival at 9:40AM, I found the door locked and the first appointment of the morning waiting ahead of me, outside the locked door. About 10 minutes later, here comes an employee dragging up the hallway like she wasn't quite awake yet and said she was sorry she was late. She opened the door and the waiting room quickly began to fill up but I was told that no matter what time the appointment was, he never gets there before 12:00 noon.About 11:55 AM, I heard his voice as he came in. Approximately 2:00PM, his nurse called my name and we went through the same routine and he said the same thing, "Let me see your hands". Still no mention of any test, etc. Again, he said that I have Osteoarthritis and indicated that he would see me again in one year. I am thinking to myself, "Oh, no you won't! I am never coming back to this "office". .Because of the lack of Rheumatologist accepting Medicare, I still have not seen a rheumatologist as all those on staff at the hospital other than this person stated when I called them, that they no longer accepted Medicare. The unorganized, messy description of the office in the other reviews is true and accurate.

May 16th, 2016
Bad Diagnostician; Has Personal Issues
I saw this doctor years ago and just came across this profile and it reminded me to leave a review. Although the staff at the time I saw him was very nice and helpful, he was extremely misogynistic, gave me a lecture about my weight and the "epidemic of obesity in this country" every single time I came to his office (although he could stand to lose some himself), diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, and yet missed the other autoimmune diseases that were brewing which were even more serious. I was not even that overweight but that's all he cared about and he seemed to believe that Fibromyalgia is caused by obesity and if you women would just lose weight you wouldn't have this disease or it would go away. If that were the case then I'm sure we'd have a cure by now, and there are thin women who have it too, so sorry, that theory just doesn't hold water. It seems his personal underlying hatred of and condescension toward women colored his judgment and ability to make good testing and diagnostic decisions, and within 6 months I became so acutely ill I almost died, had to go to the ER multiple times (and yes I ultimately lost tons of weight; too much in fact because I couldn't tolerate food and would throw up everything). Hope he's happy now. I think this man needs to see a psychiatrist. I hope he has by now if he's still working, as this mind-set really interferes with his ability to do his job effectively. I left and went to another Rheumatologist who actually consulted the literature and came up with correct diagnoses which finally got me on the right track and feeling better.

March 24th, 2016
It was easy to schedule an appointment, because we did not see many patients. Nice doctor but not sure of what he was saying. Office very unorganized. Papers and boxes all over. Staff not very friendly. Not satisfied overall.

October 22nd, 2015
Don't waste your time..
My appointment was at 2 p.m and I finally saw the doctor at 4:50 p.m. The office is a mess (there were large deep stains on the carpet that looked like blood and the carpet was held together by long strips of silver duct tape in places. The waiting room chairs had holes in them and stuffing was coming out. Staff was talking loudly about patients in earshot of people in the waiting room (especially a staff member named named Tiffany). Records were stacked all over the office almost toppling over and was very dirty and unorganized. When it was my turn the nurse (?) Tiffany yelled my name out from behind a partition. I wasn't even sure she was calling me. She took my blood pressure and weight and then brought another patient back and I was left standing right there three feet from the other patient for fifteen minutes before Tiffany told me "go in that room" and pointed. When I finally saw the doctor he did not have my records in his hand and had to leave and ask if my records had come in and where they were (office staff apparently likes to yell across the room to one another). When he came back in the examining room he asked me what was wrong with me and seemed confused when I tried to give him a short medical history (he hadn't looked at my records- in fact he didn't even look at them the whole time I was in the room with him and there they sat right by his elbow). How this doctor is still in business is beyond me. Do yourself a favor and do not book an appointment with this doctor. It was a humiliating experience and not worth the wait or time.

June 3rd, 2015
Excellent doctor. VERY long wait in waiting room.

May 19th, 2015
This place was awful to say the very least!
Worst exsperience ever. Very unprofessional and disorganized! Medical records all over the place. Waited over five hours. The office is also very, very dirty. Will never go back. Also making a complaint to the Ga medical board. This place needs to be shut down.

October 29th, 2013
AWESOME DOCTOR & STAFF
Doc has been my primary care doctor for 8years. This doctor truly cares about his patients. I live almost an hour away but in my opinion, HE IS WORTH NOT ONLY THE DRIVE, BUT THE WAIT!! Yes, you may have to wait, but true excellence in patient care is something that can not be rushed. He will take his time getting to know you as a patient and as a person. You do not feel like a random number. He explains things to you in a way that you and your family can understand. Rheumatologic diseases are had to pinpoint but Doc does! He is a rarity, a doctor that cares!! Take a book and expect to wait, but know without a doubt, DR. FRIEDMAN IS WORTH IT! His office staff have always been extremely helpful as well as knowledgeable. They treat all patients with care and dignity. There has never been a problem getting in to see him when I have had a follow up appointment, or when sick. His staff has always gotten me in to see him or the appropriate medications called in to my pharmacy. Plan on waiting, but know he will always take that same time to see you when you are sick and in need. The staff has always done their utmost to facilitate a great doctor/patient bond. They've always handled all medication precertification's (which are a beast to obtain), scheduling referrals or tests, and lab work with professionalism, courtesy, and accuracy. How many doctors do you know that when other doctors are pressuring you to have major surgery would take the time to actually ask you what you think about it, why you feel that way, then research it a bit and instead of automatically agreeing with his fellow doctors' say you have a valid point, and if you feel that strongly, we can postpone it and try a different approach. Guess what, it saved me from having open heart surgery!! Nothing but great experiences with Dr. Friedman or his staff. **IF YOU NEED AN INCREDIBLE RHEUMATOLOGIST/INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN, DR. FRIEDMAN IS THE DOCTOR FOR YOU!*

August 14th, 2013
piss poor service
i have never been so humiliated in all my life it was the absolute most unprofessional almost comical experince i have ever witnessed the nurses and or secretary have more voice than the doctor, they are telling him what to do.my appointment was at 11:30 and the doctor didnt come in to see me until12:45 its an absolute circus in there it reminded me so much of grady with its lack of compassion and professionalisum,it out to be a crime for people to be treated this way,very low class,someone needs to look into this practice because it is poorly done.

June 28th, 2011
very unorganized office,unprofessional staff, and a very long wait time=== VERY UNHAPPY PEOPLE COME ON DR. FRIEDMANS OFFICE GET IT TOGETHER

June 13th, 2011
Terrible Wait Times
I took my father to this doctor and had to wait for over 5 hours. In the waiting area, we waited for over 3 hours. No courtesy or information from the staff as to the delays. To them, they had nothing to say to us. Others missed their transportation arrangement and I ended up taking the entire day off for just this doctor's visit!!!

March 30th, 2011
patient
Very cluttered office, unprofessional staff. Very very long wait time.