Dr. Michael Horn MD Patient Reviews

• 14 reviews

February 19th, 2015
Dr Horn has been my surgeon for years! He is an Incredible surgeon. He has a great bedside manner, explained things so that YOU UNDERSTAND....& makes you feel comfortable not only in his office bet while in surgery as well. His staff is courteous & makes you feel welcome . It is also easy to schedule appointments. IF YOU Want an amazing surgeon............. GO TO DR. MICHAEL HORN IS THE BEST IN CHICAGO !!!!

May 29th, 2013
I'll be back!
Well, I have to say I am now 5 days post op and have had nothing but an excellent experience with Dr. Horn and his ENTIRE staff as well as the staff in the surgical center since day one (my initial consult). I had an abdominoplasty w/ lipo to flanks. So from the beginning: 1. They were organized from the very beginning. Follow-up/reminder calls for my upcoming appts. Every appt was on time. Trust me, I consulted with other surgeons before seeing Dr. Horn. I wouldn’t have gone through with my procedure with Dr. Horn had his office been disorganized. They were excellent. 2. Office and rooms were very comfortable, clean and nice. 3. Excellent customer service and completely competent, intelligent and professional staff. All the staff were genuinely pleasant and I loved the fact that the office manager remembered my name even outside the office without my file in front of her. 4. At my pre op appt, I was able to speak to the nurse in detail about what to expect, and any questions/concerns I had. 5. On the day of the surgery I arrived early, prep started almost right away which I appreciated. Having gone thru three c-sections in the past I dreaded being told to arrive super early and then not being in the OR until several hours later. The anticipation can sometimes be nerve wrecking and I’m happy to say I did not experience that at the surgical center. 6. The nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr. Horn were all very professional and caring. They always asked if I had questions. Explained what the next step was and what they were doing. 7. During the prep, the nurses were very professional and went out of their way to make sure I was not uncomfortable when I had to disrobe to complete my prep in the OR. 8. After the surgery, when I was waking up I had a different nurse and he was just as professional and caring as the nurses before and during the procedure. He made sure I was comfortable and that my pain was minimal. If I felt discomfort, pain, nausea, or anything that could be a common symptom after waking up from surgery, especially a side effect from anesthesia --- he would immediately tend to my need for pain medication, anti-nausea medication, ginger ale, crackers, etc etc. He was awesome! My mother was a bit skeptical and was extremely impressed with the office, facilities, service, caring, kindness, and professionalism. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Horn and his team both at the office as well as the surgical center and plan to go back in the future for other services.

May 18th, 2013
Very unhappy with this business
I should have read the negative reviews before dealing with this incompetent crook and his idiotic staff. I had my breasts done and after the first procedure I literally looked like I had a butt implanted in my chest area! There was no space between the breasts and they looked way bigger than what we have talked about. He agreed to re-do it and I also asked for a smaller size. Now, after the revision my breasts are still huge (does he not listen??) and what’s worse, they look asymmetric. My right breast looks deformed, the implant is way too high compared to the left one and the nipple is facing out to the side instead of the center. It’s very sad that he denies any defects and blames my bone structure for his botched job!!! Also, when discussing my concerns and requesting another correction he just left the room! Then his hopeless office manager informed me with a fake smile on her face that she’s very sorry but the doctor went home. Save your money and time and go elsewhere.

September 28th, 2012
Amazing Breast Implants
Dr. Horn is an exceptionally talented plastic surgeon. I decided to go with him after viewing breast augmentation before-and-after photos from his actual patients on chicagobreast.com. There may be other plastic surgeons in Chicago who spend more time with their patients pre- and post- operation, but that is because they don't do as many surgeries as Dr. Horn. Plus, they probably don't have a Bachelors-degree level R.N., B.S.N. on staff like Dr. Horn's nurse Gretchen, who was very caring, helpful, and knowledgeable. If you are the type of person who is going to need alot of "hand-holding," and you insist that the Doctor himself (rather than the nurse) be the one holding it, then Dr. Horn might seem a bit too terse for your liking. However, if your primary concern is getting the results that you are hoping for, you should definitely consider Dr. Horn. He performs more Breast Augmentations each year than most plastic surgeons can imagine, which has allowed him to perfect and maintain a technique and skill at breast implant surgeries that can only be described as an art.

July 6th, 2012
I went back
10 years ago @ the age of 19 I got my first breast augmentation. I went from an a to a c ( 400 cc's ) well with any cosmetic procedure it was time for a new pair. I always new I would go bigger. I am about 6 hours post op yes I got the done today and I'm home feeling pretty good a lil more painful this time but I can't say that it was because of the surgery( different pain meds) and larger implants. The last time I got them done I called this poor man all hours of the night for a week and he talked to me until he explained everything and I was comfortable. I would def recommend him to my friends, or the random girls who ask in bathrooms if they are real lol

December 18th, 2011
Laser hair removal
I had laser hair removal done and was very impressed by the results, staff and fast service. Erin the technition made me feel comfortable and she was thorough. I would highly recommend their services

June 14th, 2011
I was very worried about getting breast augmentation and a friend referred me to Dr. Horn. There was not a long wait for an appointment. When I went into his office, the staff was really nice and professional. I spoke with the nurse first and told her what I was looking for and then I spoke with Dr. Horn. What I liked is that they listened to the fact that I wanted a natural look, thus they recommended a certain implant size. The surgery went smoothly and the recovery went great. Dr. Horn spent the time with me to really listened to what I wanted and I couldn't be happier with my breast augmentation surgery. The only downsize is that they seem to try to push silicone-gel implants but I had done my research and requested saline implants.

April 5th, 2011
A friend referred me to Dr. Horn for a breast aug. When I first walked into the office it was very nice and immediately one member of his staff let him know I had arrived. My wait was about 15 minutes until I got to see him. I did my homework before my appointment and researched everything I possibly could about breast augmentations. As I told him what size I wanted + my concerns of going into surgery for the first time, he smiled and really made me feel calm about the procedure. I immediately scheduled my surgery. Surgery went great and I went to my post-op the next day, once again short waiting time. A few months later I went in for my final follow up. I thanked him for being so kind and NON intimidating when I had first met him and for my perfect results. The way he responded made me feel like he really set out to make me feel better about myself. I am 1 year post op and I suffered NO complications (which is easy, just follow the boob rules he gives). I would recommend him and I have. Chicago has one of the greatest.

February 16th, 2011
I am about 5 weeks post op for a breast augmentation and I gotta say....I LOVE THEM. Dr Horn did an awesome job & I would highly recommend him. As for the people that leave negative comments...I would hilly suggest caring more about the work the doctor does than how much time he spent with you. He spends enough time on the important things....like in the actual surgery. I'm glad that I decided to go with Dr Horn!

January 15th, 2011
Breast Augmentation
I wanted to write a review fast because after reading some other sites I was a little nervous. Dr. Horns staff was very nice and patient with me every time a called them. They gave me phone numbers of past patients and sent me other testimonials. I had the surgery yesterday..not kidding and have been feeling great! Barely in pain...which was a pleasant shocker. I had the sports bra put on today and my breasts look great already. I had some asymmetry so i had 2 different sizes out in. I can't wait until they're in place...I can tell already they'll be great! :) (in my opinion a great surgeon is someone that does a great job and you shouldn't rate a doctor because you don't like the carpet in his office like another view i saw did)

October 26th, 2010
Problem Corrected.
Dr. Horn was able to correct a problem left over from two previous surgeons.He removed painful scar tissue and collagen that was placed in error that I was allergic to.He knows how to work with ethnic skin that grows scar tissue and he prevented infection.The surgery fixed the pulling twisted feeling and my joints feel better now that the allergen is removed.I also have more energy.

October 13th, 2010
so so
I went to Dr. Horn for my first breast augmentation. For my consultations I probably talked to him for about ten minutes and was stuck talking to his assistant for the rest of the time. They didn't tell me about different options and basically said this is what you need. - I was unsatisfied with my surgery and got them re done two years later by a different surgeon.- I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending Dr. Horn to my friends.