A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Nelson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Nelson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Aaron Nelson MD is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Michael Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Nelson practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Germantown, TN.
See Germantown Internists and Germantown Cardiologists.