Dr. Michael Rosenberg MD Patient Reviews

3.2

September 9th, 2016
Since I only have usable vision in one eye, a cataract on that eye was worrisome both to me and other doctors. Dr. Rosenberg confidently gave me courage and the operation was an amazing success. I feel he gave me back my life, through encouragement, skill, and good humor.

April 25th, 2016
All the critical reviews are true. Look elsewhere.

October 25th, 2015
Totally lacking in sensitivity, manners, respect. Arrogant +++ Would not recommend this doctor.

August 7th, 2015
Patronizing and dismissive/Improper critical care.
Dr Rosenberg "treated" my mother when she began to lose vision in one eye. He was dismissive and patronizing, insensitive to her fear and anxiety about losing sight. He sent her home with no follow up plan, no treatment, minimum explanation of her condition, cavalier assurance that vision wouldn't be restored but condition wouldn't progress. A week later, she lost an additional 50% of vision in affected eye. In follow up appointment, he misread the vision test and argued that her vision had improved. He was defensive and hurried. His assistant interrupted the consultation to announce that his lunch appointment was waiting. He again offered little explanation, acting harassed when answering basic questions. Her diagnosis is aschemic optic neuropathy. We have consulted other doctors to learn details about her condtion and to discuss prevention and possible outcomes for further vision loss. We have learned that there are treatments that could have saved some of her sight if administered after initial symptoms. She now has no vision in affected eye.

July 26th, 2012
Truly great staff support and a doctor who clearly knows his stuff....what else could I ask for?
I would recommend Dr. Rosenberg and the NU Dept. of Ophthalmology for LASIK to anyone who is interested. I had wanted to get corrective eye surgery for a long time, but was nervous because I wanted to go to a highly reputable provider, but wasn't sure how I could be certain who that would be. I finally decided Northwestern had to be pretty good so I went in for the free consultation to see if I was a candidate. The staff members(namely Pam and Leslie) were fantastic. They were courteous, friendly and respectful of my time. Dr. Rosenberg is a little gruff (in the 'old school doctor' sort of way), but he's a very nice guy and really knows his stuff. He'll answer any questions you have an tells it like it is. If you'ver ever been interested in LASIK but were nervous for one reason or another, go ahead and give them a call...you have to do a consultation first anyway, so that will help you decide if it's the right place for you.