Dr. Michael Russo Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michael Russo?

Not pleased with

Posted on May 1st, 2017

We found that over time in our opinion Dr. Russo became less attentive and arrogant. Once we visited an out of state doctor he recommended another GI here in Dallas and we have been thrilled with her. We shouldn't have had to go out of state to find answers. He remained complacent and didn't seem to want to spend the time needed to help our child.

The Wizard Of Oz

Posted on December 11th, 2016

Such a great doctor

Posted on September 9th, 2016

Dr. Russo has been seeing our twins since they were babies, and he is a truly wonderful doctor. He's helped us through so many things, and he's a big reason they are growing and thriving like they are. Plus he's super nice, great with kids, respectful of my kids, and supportive of our family. We love him!

Wouldn't recommend

Posted on February 16th, 2016

I found that it took Dr. Russo too long to figure out the issue. We left and found a new GI and have been much happier. I simply could not recommend.

Seeking new GI

Posted on July 20th, 2015

I found that it was very hard to reach Dr. Russo. I would leave messages for his medical assistant and sometimes would get a return phone call. Other times I would not. Dr. Russo seems not as focused as he used to be. It is also frustrating to take so long to reach a solution after trying to fix the issue and your child is not feeling well in the process. Leaving practice to find another GI that can better handle my child's GI issues.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

My son was a patient of Doctor Russo for many years and was very kind and gave us plenty of information on my son's Ulcerative Colitis. He is a top rate Doctor. Unfortunately Dr. Russo is in Pediatrics and my son is 23 now.

A patient's perspective

Posted on June 19th, 2015

I am currently 18 years old and about to head to ACU for college. I understand many patients are too young to write a review but I would like to tell all parents considering dr. Russo for their children that he is an amazing doctor! He works really hard to keep all of his patients healthy and prepared for the future. Unlike allot of doctors out there, he is very compassionate and understands what is going on. He is also attentive and very soft spoken and gentle. Unfortunately for me, I had a battle against my body a year ago and I had to undergo two surgeries in less than six months apart. Dr. Russo taught me that I am not a victim of my own body and that weaknesses can be overcome! He put me on a great diet plan and knew right away how to treat my condition in order for me to go away to school and be successful. If your child is need of a gastroenterologist, please consider dr. Russo!

He sang along to Frozen to make my 6 year old feel more comfortable!

Posted on April 10th, 2015

We had out first visit with Dr. Russo and he was super nice. He did a sing along with Frozen to make my 6 year old daughter feel more comfortable. My 2 year old son loved it, that is his favorite movie! We had to have some blood tests and he called me personally to let me know the results and to tell me that he was still waiting to hear the results back from one of the blood tests. I had to bring my two year old along to the appointment and Dr. Russo was super nice to him too. So far we are please with Dr. Russo. He was very friendly! We are still waiting to hear a final diagnosis, so I didn't put a rating.

Posted on March 24th, 2015

Dr. Russo is kind, attentive and supportive. He genuinely cares for each patient he sees, as he has treated both my daughter and son. I am so thankful for the help he gave my son, especially, and for his overall concern for his well being. I will refer anyone having GI issues to Dr. Russo.

Pediatric Speech Therapist

Posted on February 15th, 2015

As a pediatric Speech Therapist focused mainly on pediatric feeding therapy, I work very closely with many GI doctors in the DFW area. However, I have never dealt with another GI doctor who is as attentive, courteous, and knowledgeable as Dr. Russo. As a matter of fact, any patient of mine having GI related difficulties gets a referral to Dr. Russo-not because of any pre-determined contract with his office, but because he has proven time and time again that he genuinely cares about my patients and their families. Dr. Russo spends substantial time with all of my patients' families to make sure to answer each question. I trust, when I refer a child to Dr. Russo, that he will listen, follow up, and give the same level of care to my children as he would give to his own. He has, on numerous occasions, found diagnoses which other GI physicians missed, leading to a positive recovery for my patients. I often have difficulty getting call-backs from physicians when I contact their office regarding a patient, but Dr. Russo almost always returns my calls the same day or the next business day. He genuinely listens to my opinions and concerns, and I never feel blown off. He understands the value of listening to parents, as well as other medical professionals when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of his patients, and I will continue to refer children to his practice time and time again.

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

Dr. Russo is amazing. His knowledge and bedside manner are impeccable.

Dissapointed

Posted on December 26th, 2014

My son used to see Dr. Russo. Sadly after not figuring out the issue we consulted with another GI in Dallas. Our son ended up being hospitalized quickly and is on his way to having the issue fixed. I wish we had switched so much sooner so our son could have felt better. I went to Dr. Russo many times to help me and he kept doing the same thing over and over with no good results. Our son was suffering. Disappointing that we had to leave him to go to another dr. Dr. Russo doesn't have the drive and passion I used to feel he had. I don't know why or what happened but I find my son to be cared for much better with his new GI.