A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schweitzer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schweitzer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Schweitzer, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss
Education & Awards
Dr. Schweitzer graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Schweitzer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schweitzer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Schweitzer practice?
Dr. Michael Schweitzer practices Surgery near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Lutherville Timonium, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons.