A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Thompson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Thompson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Scripps Green Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Thompson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Michael Thompson practice?
- Dr. Michael Thompson has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Thompson practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near La Jolla, CA.
See La Jolla Surgeons.