A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Thompson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Thompson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Scripps Green Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Thompson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Michael Thompson practice?
- Dr. Michael Thompson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Thompson practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Orthopedic Surgeons and La Jolla Surgeons.