Dr. Michael Thompson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Thompson?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Michael Thompson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2017

We were so fortunate to have Dr. Thompson perform thumb surgery on our son. By far he received the best care possible. Thank you.

October 26th, 2012

Excellent surgeon and caring person

I highly recommend Dr. Thompson and his staff. My only warning is -- start your physical therapy as soon as possible and schedule the appt yourself -- it will help you a lot in the short and long run.

October 17th, 2012

Great Doctor!!!

I was at the Scripps Urgent Care with horrible pain in my hand from a burn. They immediately sent me down to see Dr. Thompson and Dr, Redfield. They immediately admitted me to the hospital and Dr. Thompson performed surgery that evening. It turned out I had a serious staph infection and I was required to stay in the hospital for several days on IV antibiotics.It was a very scary situation, but Dr. Thompson (and Dr. Redfield) took great care of me. They come highly recommended.

August 20th, 2012

The best

Dr. Thompson is an outstanding surgeon. His skills are great. His bedside and after surgery appoints are informative, clear and supportive. If you have a knee or hand problem--see himJ (Chula Vista)

August 6th, 2012

Pinkey Finger Shattered in 7 places

Quite simply, Dr. Thompson is a first class surgeon and medical professional. I shattered my pinky finger in 7 places from a mountain biking accident. He skillfully placed 7 external (removable) pins in my finger. I am happy to say, 6 months later I have 95% mobility and strength of my finger with NO METAL IMPLANTS!What sets Dr. Thompson apart is his personality in the clinic. He reviewed all options for my finger including grafting bone from another part of my body and a plate. His recommendation was the least invasive and best chance for success - pins. He managed to re-arrange my mangled finger and pin it with expert precision, the X-Rays tell the story. Throughout surgery and follow up Dr. Thompson was always kind, patient, and LISTENED. I would highly recommend Dr. Thompson to ANYONE who has a hand condition, he is a true genius in that OR. I owe my finger to him.

June 6th, 2012

Dr. Thompson and team are great!

We switched our health insurance this year from Sharp to Scripps & I'm so glad we did! I broke my leg and was referred to Dr. Thompson. He saw me immediately and booked me for surgery the following day. He and his staff are top notch and very professional, yet caring and concerned. I really could not have asked for a better group of people to take care of me. Anytime a potential issue arises, they are on it, before it becomes full blown. Yes, the office wait time for an appt. can be somewhat long (I've waited from 5 minutes to 50 minutes), but I know it's because they are caring for another emergency case, just like mine was, so I don't mind the wait. Thank you, Dr. Thompson and your "team"!

May 29th, 2012

No more pain

November 28th, 2011

Dr. Michael Thompson

Dr. Thompson was the Orthopedic surgeon on call at the Green Hospital in La Jolla, CA. when husband came in with extreme pain following a fall. An MRI was done and it was a broken hip. Dr. Thompson was wonderful. He explained everything to us and answered all of our questions before and after the emergency surgery. We both felt so comfortable with the decision to have him do the surgery. His caring, thorough, and informative manner really helped us through this difficult situation. My husband remarked at how Dr. Thompson was so different from most of the doctors we have come across. He seemed unrushed and willing to truly talk to us, despite the fact that we were in a very busy ER-type setting and I know he had many more patients. A remarkable doctor. We were very lucky he was on call that day!

June 8th, 2011

Waited a VERY long time and was given several excuses as to why. What should have been a quick appointment ended up taking nearly 2 hours. I am now 9 days post appt still waiting for the office to call me back to schedule physical therapy that I'm beginning to wonder if I need after some further testing. I liked Dr. Thompson a great deal. His bedside manner is top notch and he's very personable. I'm disappointed in the rest of my experience.

August 30th, 2010

never on time. pick someone who values your time. My wait always more than 90 minutes for follow up visits after surgery. surgery was 2 hours late but i can understand that if prior surgerys ran long.

August 22nd, 2017