Dr. Michael Thorpe MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bellingham, WA

July 1st, 2016
Had my first hip replacement in 1999 at age 77 and Dr. Thorpe was my surgeon. Skilled, caring and compassionate, he rates 5 stars with both me and my family. The second hip replacement at age 84, with a different surgeon (I had moved out of the area), was a nightmare and left me with a leg length discrepancy and ongoing problems as a result. All surgeons ARE NOT created equal!!

May 5th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Thorpe completely failed to address my problem. He erroneously assumed I was there for drugs. I have to assume this because he gave me no new information about my condition and no functional treatment recommendations. He did not offer a follow up to check on my progress. I feel he failed to assess my problem entirely.

March 15th, 2013
Dr Thorpe performed a rotator cuff tendon re-attachment. Surgery went very well, and even though I'm only about 7 weeks post-op, a good outlook is expected. I do, however, have some concerns about the amount of patient orientation pre-operation. It would have been ideal to have a short session with an occupational therapist beforehand, giving some instruction on how to dress, bathe, etc with only one arm...I had to figure this out for myself, sometimes painfully. Additionally, it would have been helpful to have at least one PT session soon after the procedure, not to push me hard, but to make sure I had fully understood the range-of-motion exercises I needed to do immediately post-op. I realize this would have added some cost to the overall procedure, but in the long run it might help insure a successful and rapid recovery.

July 16th, 2011
Dr. Thorpe is the best!
Dr. Thorpe operated on my fully ruptured Achilles tendon. During the entire process he was nothing but caring and informative and put me completely at ease throughout the entire procedure. He is a great guy and a top notch orthopedic surgeon. If you need this type of care you are in the best of hands with Dr. Thorpe.

January 28th, 2011
I'm a doctor and I refer patients to Dr Thorpe and he has done 2 surgeries on me - I recommend him highly

January 22nd, 2011
Dr. Thorpe is the best!
I was referred to Dr. Thorpe by many people in the community after I tore my ACL playing soccer! He is simply the best. He makes you feel comfortable asking question, doesn't pressure you to make a decision right away, gives you all your options and his opinion. When I finally made my decision I felt confident in my choice and confident in Dr. Thorpe. Dr. Thorpe did an incredible job on my surgery. I was off crutches in 5 days and running in 10-12 weeks. Now it is a year later and I am doing everything I loved to do before surgery and have no pain! You can barely see my scar. I would highly recommend Dr. Thorpe to anyone, but especially those who lead an active life and want to get back to their full potential!

September 29th, 2010
Dr.
I found Dr. Thorpe to be very compassionate, sincere, extremely knowledgeable and helpful in every way. I have had multiple orthopedic problems and surgeries and believe he is the best qualified professional in this area. He was trained at UW-- one of the best orthopedic programs in the country. He takes plenty of time to understand your problem and he is one of the only physicians that does an out patient total knee or hip. He is the best in his field.

March 4th, 2010
A passionate, caring doctor who actually listens!
I was surprised at how much time Dr. Thorpe spent with me during my visit. He really listened to my concerns and made me feel at ease with him. He came up with a successful plan to ease my pain. I have recommended Dr. Thorpe to others who say they have had the same experience with him.