A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Absalon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Absalon is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Absalon, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Absalon graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Absalon has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Absalon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 5 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 25 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans