Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The Man is a Saint show details The Man is a Saint
by Joseph F Altomare on Feb 28th, 2015

I had triple bypass on 08/19/14 performed by Dr. Acker. This man added quality years to my life. He has a terrific bedside manner and I believe is truly a caring and sincere individual. I would recommend him to anyone needing any type of heart surgery/procedure.

County Investigator show details County Investigator
by Ricardo Rodriguez on Feb 26th, 2014

Mom gave me life, god and him have me a second chance on life. God has truly blessed this man!

THANK YOU DR ACKER show details THANK YOU DR ACKER
Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Acker saved my life 11/2010 with a complex pseudo aneurosym operation and spent less than 3 days in the hospital.

I've had ten years that I wouldn't have thanks to Dr. Acker show details I've had ten years that I wouldn't have thanks to Dr. Acker
by Walter Ford on Apr 8th, 2010

I came to Penn with CHF and cardiomyopathy. Prognosis was not good. I had an LVAD implanted the next day and, 28 days later I had a new heart. Thank you Dr. Acker. Penn is an excellent hospital with a wonderful and knowledgable staff. I would recommend this hospital to anybody.

Exceptional physician show details Exceptional physician
Apr 6th, 2010

I found Dr. Acker to be a very caring and an excellent doctor. His assistances and nursing staff at the hospital are exceptional and very caring individuals. Not only are they pleasent but knowledgable in their pratice.

Feb 16th, 2010

Hello Dr Acker. This is Mike Azzaro. You replaces my Aortic valve 11/3/08, and I want to say hello and thank you. I feel great and I am thankfull of you and the staff at U Penn.

Alive Today show details Alive Today
by Joanna on Jan 19th, 2010

I was a 36 yr old with sever heart failure. Dr. Acker knew what needed to be done so tha my heart could heal. He placed me on a BiVAD and I am a functioning, device free individual today 01/2010. Thanks, Dr :)

My first surgery in my 57 years of life. show details My first surgery in my 57 years of life.
by CHARLES GILLENWATER. on Aug 28th, 2008

Dr. Acker was an outstanding professional. He did all he could to make you feel confident in his abilities. He was understanding and showed a beliveable level of real concern of your physical as well as mental state of mind. He did a double by-pass surgery on me on Jan. 10th 2008 and I was back to work on March 10, 2008.I would rate Him and his staff for a great job they did for me. Dr. acker was very down to earth and spoke on a level that he was sure you understood. I would highly recomend him to any one that needs heart surgey