Surgeons
Hospital of the University of PA
3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19175
215-662-2050
Locations and availability (7)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  County Investigator  |  show details
by Ricardo Rodriguez on Feb 26th, 2014

Mom gave me life, god and him have me a second chance on life. God has truly blessed this man!

Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Acker saved my life 11/2010 with a complex pseudo aneurosym operation and spent less than 3 days in the hospital.

|  I've had ten years that I wouldn't have thanks to Dr. Acker  |  show details
by Walter Ford on Apr 8th, 2010

I came to Penn with CHF and cardiomyopathy. Prognosis was not good. I had an LVAD implanted the next day and, 28 days later I had a new heart. Thank you Dr. Acker. Penn is an excellent hospital with a wonderful and knowledgable staff. I would recommend this hospital to anybody.

|  Exceptional physician  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2010

I found Dr. Acker to be a very caring and an excellent doctor. His assistances and nursing staff at the hospital are exceptional and very caring individuals. Not only are they pleasent but knowledgable in their pratice.

|  show details
Feb 16th, 2010

Hello Dr Acker. This is Mike Azzaro. You replaces my Aortic valve 11/3/08, and I want to say hello and thank you. I feel great and I am thankfull of you and the staff at U Penn.

|  Alive Today  |  show details
by Joanna on Jan 19th, 2010

I was a 36 yr old with sever heart failure. Dr. Acker knew what needed to be done so tha my heart could heal. He placed me on a BiVAD and I am a functioning, device free individual today 01/2010. Thanks, Dr :)

|  My first surgery in my 57 years of life.  |  show details
by CHARLES GILLENWATER. on Aug 28th, 2008

Dr. Acker was an outstanding professional. He did all he could to make you feel confident in his abilities. He was understanding and showed a beliveable level of real concern of your physical as well as mental state of mind. He did a double by-pass surgery on me on Jan. 10th 2008 and I was back to work on March 10, 2008.I would rate Him and his staff for a great job they did for me. Dr. acker was very down to earth and spoke on a level that he was sure you understood. I would highly recomend him to any one that needs heart surgey